Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
full moon ride
08/17/05 at 23:22:10

as dissused earlier, friday nite is the full moon. who's going on the "virtual" ride with me.

this is a good chance for people to play along, tell some stories, maybe post a  picture or two. so how about it.  

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
dannimal
2005 No Login

Chicago IL (S/W Suburbs)
Re: full moon ride
Reply #1 - 08/18/05 at 00:48:30

I saw the moon last nite riding home from work and it was a orange tint. By the time I got home it was covered over by the clouds before I could get the camera!
Moons over my hammy!!!! Tongue

-95 black savage- Supertrapp exhaust- K&N filter- custom mirrors & grips- Metzler 880's
  IP Logged
jbird
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/18/05 at 02:40:51

i will be there fine nite here in so. miss.

IP Logged
gazab44
2004 No Login

TO OLD TO DIE
YOUNG....

uk
Reply #3 - 08/18/05 at 04:21:22

I will be gazing at it with you sluggo, (weather permitting of cause the forcast is for rain though)
but i'll not be riding , i'm on nights  Sad so it will be very virtual LOL.

MSN Messenger :- gazab44@hotmail.com

VISIT MY MY HOMEPAGE
WWW msn-gazab44@hotmail.com   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #4 - 08/18/05 at 04:25:43

Friday night Wendy and I generally have a dinner with a glass or two of wine.  (for glass, read water goblet.)  I will not be capable of riding Friday night.   I will try to get up and ride Saturday morning to get a picture of the moon setting over the Ocean.

WWW   IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #5 - 08/18/05 at 13:13:25

I'm in for the full moon ride, planning to head over to the ocean and walk on the beach. Lots depend on missing the afternoon thunderstorms we have been getting.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #6 - 08/18/05 at 13:37:34

I believe I just might join in.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Oklahoma_Mike
2005 No Login

With two on the
ground love can be
found

Tulsa Oklahoma Area
Reply #7 - 08/18/05 at 13:38:20

History in the making
The Red Planet is about to be spectacular! This month and next, Earth is catching up with Mars in an encounter that will culminate in the closest approach between the two planets in recorded history. The next time Mars may come this close is in 2287. Due to the way Jupiter's gravity tugs on Mars and perturbs its orbit, astronomers can only be certain that Mars has not come this close to Earth in the Last 5,000 years, but it may be as long as 60,000 years before it happens again. The encounter will culminate on August 27th when Mars comes to within 34,649,589 miles of Earth and will be (next to the moon) the brightest object in the night sky. It will attain a magnitude of -2.9 and will appear 25.11 arc seconds wide. At a modest 75-power magnification Mars will look as large as the full moon to the naked eye. Mars will be easy to spot. At the beginning of August it will rise in the east at 10p.m. and reach its azimuth at about 3 a.m. By the end of August when the two planets are closest, Mars will rise at nightfall and reach its highest point in the sky at 12:30a.m. That's pretty convenient to see something that no human being has seen in recorded history. So, mark your calendar at the beginning of August to see Mars grow progressively brighter and brighter throughout the month. NO ONE ALIVE TODAY WILL EVER SEE THIS AGAIN.

This is taken from an email I received and was planning on checkin it out riding for 1-2 hrs Sat night.
8) 8) 8)

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #8 - 08/18/05 at 13:50:12

Oklahoma_Mike wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
History in the making
The Red Planet is about to be spectacular! This month and next, Earth is catching up with Mars in an encounter that will culminate in the closest approach between the two planets in recorded history. The next time Mars may come this close is in 2287. Due to the way Jupiter's gravity tugs on Mars and perturbs its orbit, astronomers can only be certain that Mars has not come this close to Earth in the Last 5,000 years, but it may be as long as 60,000 years before it happens again. The encounter will culminate on August 27th when Mars comes to within 34,649,589 miles of Earth and will be (next to the moon) the brightest object in the night sky. It will attain a magnitude of -2.9 and will appear 25.11 arc seconds wide. At a modest 75-power magnification Mars will look as large as the full moon to the naked eye. Mars will be easy to spot. At the beginning of August it will rise in the east at 10p.m. and reach its azimuth at about 3 a.m. By the end of August when the two planets are closest, Mars will rise at nightfall and reach its highest point in the sky at 12:30a.m. That's pretty convenient to see something that no human being has seen in recorded history. So, mark your calendar at the beginning of August to see Mars grow progressively brighter and brighter throughout the month. NO ONE ALIVE TODAY WILL EVER SEE THIS AGAIN.

This is taken from an email I received and was planning on checkin it out riding for 1-2 hrs Sat night.
8) 8) 8)

Raising the BS Flag

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Oklahoma_Mike
2005 No Login

With two on the
ground love can be
found

Tulsa Oklahoma Area
Reply #9 - 08/18/05 at 14:06:08

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:

yea I had some spare time and found it to be BS

http://www.snopes.com/science/mars.asp

8)

sorry guys Tongue

IP Logged
Karen627
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 08/18/05 at 17:31:13

Can't do it.  My schedule's all haywire on Fridays (re-adjusting from the overnight shift Mon-Thurs to a normal day schedule on Sat and Sun).  If I'm not asleep at midnight, in the very least I'll be too tired to ride safely.  Bummer.

I can't wait to see pics!

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #11 - 08/18/05 at 17:47:48

sluggo wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
as dissused earlier, friday nite is the full moon. who's going on the "virtual" ride with me.

this is a good chance for people to play along, tell some stories, maybe post a  picture or two. so how about it.  

I'm in

IP Logged
RadarORiley
Serious Thumper

No one notices how
you ride until you
fall off.

West Of Weatherford, Texas
Reply #12 - 08/18/05 at 21:23:25

My Hubby thinks full moons are for fishing under. Will  be on Lake Fork, Texas looking for another lunker.

Radar O'Riley
  IP Logged
mikedasavage
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 08/19/05 at 08:37:11

well if i can stay away from the brewskies i'm in. My co-workers took my keys last night so i'll try not to be bad tongiht.

Grin

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #14 - 08/19/05 at 08:56:00

mikedasavage wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
My co-workers took my keys last night...

Real friends.  I lot of people don't have the nads to do it.

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 03:35:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › full moon ride

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.