Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
mods for an 87... (Read 1 times)
Dan
Ex Member

mods for an 87...
08/15/05 at 18:26:00

I understand that the jetting is different for the 86-87 (88?) models, and want to make sure I am getting the right stuff and changing the appropriate things:  

I want to put on a different muffler (see my other post today...) and change to a drop in K&N air filter, but want to know if I should put in a new pilot jet (52.5) and do the white spacer mod?  

I am new, and don't want to screw up my bike, but love tinkering and want a project that I will FEEL when I turn the throttle. Smiley

Thanks

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: mods for an 87...
Reply #1 - 08/15/05 at 18:39:05

Looks to me like the 86-88's are different enough that you need to read the plug afer the pipe change - most likely no on the pilot jet change unless your well out  on idle mixture - if you have the 3 groves on the needle you sure don't need the spacer mod - we're just doing it on '95 and up as our bikes are factory much leaner than yours and do not have and adjustable needle - I'd bet if you changed the pipe, did a k&n, up the main to a 157.5 or a 160 you'd be in fine shape, but a plug reads would sure tell you.

IP Logged
Dan
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/15/05 at 18:47:58

Thanks for your insight.  I appreciate it.  I will look into doing that.  Any suggestions on locations for reasonably priced parts  (filters, muffler, jets)?

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #3 - 08/15/05 at 19:03:10

The part number jardine 14-4104-01 is the one - I see it in several places for as low as 135-140 + ship via google - I think the MACs are cheaper at around $100 - www.ronayers.com is a good source of parts and study - as they have the fiche online as do others - you need a new exhaust gasket as well.

Niether are going to be very quite - you just can't and increase the flow

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #4 - 08/15/05 at 19:10:57

So far as jets here's where I got the last ones - the main is a large round

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=RubberSideDown;action=display;n...

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 04:12:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › mods for an 87...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.