Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
FSSNOC lunch in SE Washington Sept 10 (Read 3 times)
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
FSSNOC lunch in SE Washington Sept 10
08/13/05 at 21:04:51

Hey all you Savage riders in the PNW, FSSNOC is meeting for lunch just south of Anatone in the SE corner of WA Sept 10th. This is a great chance to meet some other thumper riders and get at shot at the twisties south og there. It is not the tail of the dragon or deals gap, but better because it is closer. Rattle Snake grade has 110 curves in 10 miles and Burford grade has 74 curves in 10 miles. This is your best chance to wear the chicken strips of your tires. For more information go to the FSSNOC.org website. I hope to be there, Max FSSNOC #3608 WA.

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Re: FSSNOC lunch in SE Washington Sept 10
Reply #1 - 09/11/05 at 22:16:43

Well sorry state of affairs, I had the only Savage at the lunch on Saturday. Outnumbered by BMW 650's, KLR's, and 6 Velocettes from Seattle, an RE Bullet, a SR500 Yamaha and a couple v-twins that my Brother and BIL rode.  Weather looked bad here on Friday so we truck and trailered bikes to the Lewison/Clarkston area and then rode in (down) on Saturday. Beautiful ride and country side. View from the top reminded me of the South side of the alps near Lichenstein. Miles and miles of switchbacks and corners as the road went down one side of the valley to the river and the same back up the other side. sure wish it was closer as it would make a better rider as one really got good at practicing the techniques taught at the ERC classes. Hard to practice turning your head around the corner here where most of the roads are straight with some square or intersection 90's for variation. Maybe next summer we can put together a ride using this one as part of a bigger loop. Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Re: FSSNOC lunch in SE Washington Sept 10
Reply #2 - 09/25/05 at 08:32:27

Max_Morley wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
Well sorry state of affairs, I had the only Savage at the lunch on Saturday. Outnumbered by BMW 650's, KLR's, and 6 Velocettes from Seattle, an RE Bullet, a SR500 Yamaha and a couple v-twins that my Brother and BIL rode.  Weather looked bad here on Friday so we truck and trailered bikes to the Lewison/Clarkston area and then rode in (down) on Saturday. Beautiful ride and country side. View from the top reminded me of the South side of the alps near Lichenstein. Miles and miles of switchbacks and corners as the road went down one side of the valley to the river and the same back up the other side. sure wish it was closer as it would make a better rider as one really got good at practicing the techniques taught at the ERC classes. Hard to practice turning your head around the corner here where most of the roads are straight with some square or intersection 90's for variation. Maybe next summer we can put together a ride using this one as part of a bigger loop. Max

Hey, Max.  Sorry Bro, and I have nothing but excuses, too.  We just couldn't make it, plain and simple.  I think that I sent you a PM to tell you.  We had to work Friday, and I couldn't see a way to go 380 miles by noon on Saturday.  The logistics just didn't work.

On the good side, you got me to join the group and I've been wearing my new free t-shirt on Saturdays as I'm supposed to do.  Since you got me to join, I think that you are supposed to get a credit with the FSSNOC, too.

We'll try to make the next ride so that you aren't outnumbered.  Okay?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/11/24 at 07:58:54

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › FSSNOC lunch in SE Washington Sept 10

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.