Send Topic Print
Height and Windshield (Read 8 times)
HawkEye1967
2005 No Login

L. T. R..R. T. L
 Ridding for the Son

Height and Windshield
08/09/05 at 19:17:35

I am about 6' tall and I was wondering if there was anyone else out there about my size, that is using a windshield,  I would like to know what make and size. Also my bike has drag bars and would appreciate a windshield that fits that style, fork mount would be nice.
Thanks in Advance for your valuable input. Grin
Just for the record my ride is a 1986 LSF.

IP Logged
Wolfie
Ex Member

Re: Height and Windshield
Reply #1 - 09/03/05 at 20:37:52

Adding a windshield is a "fun" process.  You have the "thrill" of working the windshield to the right height (you want to have it below eye level- check here for reasons http://motorcyclecruiser.com/tech/Chopwindshields/ ) and then you want to work it so you minimize the buffetting.  There are additional articles at motorcyclecruiser.com that helped me understand how to do it right.  It took about 4 or 5 tries to get it right on my wife's Savage.  By right, I mean for her.  OneidaSuzuki.com has a factory windshield for a good price.  Good luck.

IP Logged
HawkEye1967
2005 No Login

L. T. R..R. T. L
 Ridding for the Son

Reply #2 - 09/03/05 at 21:32:57

Thanks Wolfie, I enjoyed reading the link on windshields, also have checked into bikebandit for a Memphis shade, still considering my options.  When I bought the bike it came with a small coffin shaped windshield (smoke in color), I originally rode with that but have found that it produced way to much helmet buffeting. I require a shield that offers protection without the buffeting even thou I sit so tall in the saddle, (so to speak). Smiley

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #3 - 09/05/05 at 08:39:57

You may want to look into National Cycle too.  And once you decide on the shield(s) you think you'd like, watch eBay for a deal.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
HawkEye1967
2005 No Login

L. T. R..R. T. L
 Ridding for the Son

Reply #4 - 09/05/05 at 14:19:16

Thanks Savage_Rob, checked out the site and saw a couple of shields that I liked, next step is to convince the wife that this is a required purchase, when it happens I will let you all know what way I went.
I am not very computer literate, (can't spell either) but am planning on soon trying to upload a picture of me and my mistress (as the wife calls her) for all to see.
Thanks

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 13:35:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Height and Windshield

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.