Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Replacing the shocks with taller ones (Read 33 times)
iKrayg
Ex Member

Re: Replacing the shocks with taller ones
Reply #15 - 08/23/05 at 10:24:53

Hello,
I have just placed an order for a set of Hagons shocks (YAY!).  Unfortunately the shop manual I also ordered on the same day is on backorder.  Does anyone know the torque spec for the bolts/nuts that hold the shocks on?
Thanks in advance.
Craig

IP Logged
DavidV
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 08/23/05 at 10:38:00

Craig,

Clymer says 20 - 30 Nm, or 15 - 22 ft-lb for the shock nuts.

IP Logged
iKrayg
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 08/23/05 at 12:28:14

[glow=lime,2,300]Excelent! [/glow]Thanks!  Grin

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #18 - 08/23/05 at 21:07:31

Hammy211 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
No luck there.  The best price I found was close to $200 w/ shipping.  Most are well over $200.  Do you recall where you have seen them for less than $100.  I would gladly shell out up to $150 for a set, but I may have to wait a while if I can't find them for any less than that.

When on ebay you want to go to Ebay Motors, then motorcycles, then parts and accessories.  When there, enter "progressive shocks" into the search box and hit  your "enter" key or "search" button.  You will get everything in the motorcycle parts and accessories section that has anything to do with "progressive".  You will usually find 20-30 items, most of which are shocks...some new and some used.  I just looked and there are 31 items there.

I got a used pair of Progressive shocks this week for $36.75, and that included shipping.  There was a brand new pair of Progressive shocks up for auction that ended about 10 minutes ago, the reserve price was only $75 but the high bid was only $10.25 so no one got the shocks.  But for just $75 you could have got a brand new set if you would have been watching the auction.  Since they did not sell the shocks I have sent them an email and offered them a price, if they accept then I have a new pair of shocks for a cheap price, if they do not accept the offer then I have lost nothing.

You mentioned that the price of a lot of the shocks are close to or above $200.  That is true, but the fun thing is that there are shocks which are offered at much lower starting prices.  You just watch the auctions and bide you time...sometimes the prices go too high, but sometimes you can get a set for very low prices...usually used ones, but some are new.  Like the set I just made the offer on, you could have had it for $75.  Brand new and all chrome.

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #19 - 08/24/05 at 06:52:36

red2k1 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Just this past Thursday I replaed the OEM shocks with Progressive Suspension shocks # 412-4207C+ (12.5" center to center).    

Did these shocks come with both bushing for sae and metric? or is the "42" in the part number vs. "40" the bit that means metric?

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #20 - 08/24/05 at 19:30:05

The shocks were discribed as being for a Harley model, so it would be necessary to get the inserts for metric...$8 for a set of just the metric, or $15 for a 12 piece set to fit most everything.

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #21 - 08/24/05 at 19:50:50

I finally got a reply from progressive today - the "42" as in 412-42xx ship with metric bushing and the "40" ship with  Harley/SAE

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 10:41:54

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Replacing the shocks with taller ones

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.