Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Turn signals to running lights? (Read 9 times)
jrm8486
Ex Member

Turn signals to running lights?
08/02/05 at 12:19:12

I was wondering how to use my rear turn signals as running lights?Can I just switch bulbs to double filament?

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Re: Turn signals to running lights?
Reply #1 - 08/02/05 at 12:36:52

You can use a set of front turnsignals which have dual filament sockets and wires.  But that will give you amber running lights on the rear, which I am not sure are legal.

I am considering:
Quote:
Run-Turn-Brake Controller and Diode Kit -Metric Cruisers

A marvel of electronic wizardry, this module makes single filament or single circuit turn signals on the rear of the bike function as running lights, turn signals, and brake lights! The module wires in beneath your seat and is intended for use with L.E.D. or Halogen Silver Bullets or other custom turn signals you have installed on your bike. The unit will work fine with stock turn signals as well. The unit has an optional flasher that when activated will flash the brake lights 5 to 6 times then stay solid.

4710 Rear Run-Turn-Brake Controller, Splice-in Type  

MSRP: $59.95  Price: $54.95
http://www.customdynamics.com/tailconversion_kit.htm

with clear Turn Signal Lenses (Price: $13.49 (pair)  from the same people, dyed red.

There is also a kit with (I think green) LEDs that go into your existing rear turn signals that shine red through the amber lens.

WWW   IP Logged
jrm8486
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/02/05 at 12:40:08

I just ordered the clear turn signal lens for front and back today, I'll have to check legality of rear running lights here in Fla. Thanks

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #3 - 08/02/05 at 13:44:50

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #4 - 08/02/05 at 16:22:42

Yeah, that's the other one.

The first will run about $75 with the new lenses and red lens dye.  Uses just the one original turn signal lamp.  Requires splicing wires under the saddle.  Results in red rear turn signals.

The second is about $50, nothing else needed.  Requires mounting the LED ring in the turn signal housing and snaking wire thru the turn signal stem and up under the seat.  Requires splicing wires under the seat.  Results in RED running lights/brake lights *AND* retains amber turn signals.

Choices.......

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 08:44:14

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Turn signals to running lights?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.