Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Impressed a friend (Read 10 times)
Hammy211
Ex Member

Impressed a friend
07/25/05 at 02:19:00

Let my buddy ride my bike last night.  He recently got a SV650 for around 6 grand.  I guess his perception before was that my bike was a little on the slow side.  He might have assumed that because of the known purchase price.  Anyway he came back with a big grin on his face and said he loved the exhaust noise and was very surprised at how it took off.  That was cool to hear.  I've been pretty happy with it since the new muffler but haven't been on another bike recently to compare much.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Impressed a friend
Reply #1 - 07/25/05 at 05:30:28

Have you rejetted your carb?  If not, you need to.  It will be much happier with the extra fuel and you will be much happier with the added performance.

IP Logged
Hammy211
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/25/05 at 11:07:29

Yah, I installed a SE II muffler, K&N dropin and a 157.5 main all at the same time.  Have about 2/5 of the spacer left.  I think I still need to size up the pilot one and go just a little less on the spacer but it's nothing urgent.  Saw a carb on eBay like yours with a filter that I was tempted to buy but I'm just a little to cheap.  Especially since I just put in the K&N for $45.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #3 - 07/25/05 at 11:27:19

Hammy211 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
Yah, I installed a SE II muffler, K&N dropin and a 157.5 main all at the same time.  Have about 2/5 of the spacer left.  I think I still need to size up the pilot one and go just a little less on the spacer but it's nothing urgent.  Saw a carb on eBay like yours with a filter that I was tempted to buy but I'm just a little to cheap.  Especially since I just put in the K&N for $45.

You could try the 55 pilot jet but I'd leave the spacer alone at this point.  You might even consider trying the 155 main jet for a while and see what you think.  Overall, you're probably pretty close right now.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #4 - 07/25/05 at 16:19:59

....he loved the exhaust noise and was very surprised at how it took off.  That was cool to hear.  I've been pretty happy with it since the new muffler but haven't been on another bike recently to compare much.

They're a blast to ride - sounds like yours should be hauling tail pretty well - I've let two buddies with older bikes ride the '95 and were both quite impressed

IP Logged
yamawho
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/25/05 at 22:01:10

Anyway he came back with a big grin on his face and said he loved the exhaust noise and was very surprised at how it took off.

Sportriders that have never tried customs often have that reaction. The Savage has alot of low end torque compared with a sport bike. Needed to adjust my driving habits when I switched to my CB 599.

IP Logged
babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
Reply #6 - 07/26/05 at 19:25:09

It's way quicker off the line than my old Honda Nighthawk was. '83, '84? don't remember the year. DOHC 650. I had to make that Nighthawk scream to get any power, then it took off. Great for the open road but I'm in town now & the S40/Savage feels much stronger in stop & go commuting around the 'burbs.  Grin

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 22:39:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Impressed a friend

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.