LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Barnett Throttle Cables
07/20/05 at 13:06:31

The custom throttle cables I ordered from Barnett arrived about an hour ago.  I am packing the boxes as we type, for shipment first thing in the morning.  I will email each one with the tracking numbers afterward.  

These cables are beautiful...it was a long wait and I apologize for that, but I think it has been worth it because  they will work so much better.

LANCER

IP Logged
mikedasavage
Ex Member

Re: Barnett Throttle Cables
Reply #1 - 07/20/05 at 13:21:35

AWESOME.  i think i'm going to sing dance  Grin

I'm so EXCITED, I JUST CANT HIDE IT, ta da ta da ta or however it goes.

IP Logged
GaThumper

Powder Springs, GA USA
Reply #2 - 07/21/05 at 18:55:18

Lancer,

Are you going to start keeping some of those carbs in stock?  I was contemplating buying one, but dannimal had some things for sale that I had been trying to find for a while, so my budget is probably shot for now.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #3 - 07/21/05 at 21:04:31

Carbs I've got for now...it was the custom manufacturing of the throttle cables that slowed things up this time.  The Amal carbs I have now will be running out in a couple of weeks at the rate they are going, and I am looking for replacements but more than likely the price will  have to be a bit higher.  I doubt that I will be able to find any at this low of a price.
I do have access to Mikuni carbs through Sudco, so that will help but there again the price is higher.

IP Logged
mikedasavage
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/24/05 at 10:32:10

lancer on the carb u sent me there was a hose labeled vacum where does that go to?  also there is two connections one was capped the other was open i am guessing that is where my fuel line and reserve line goes i just have to remove the cap?

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #5 - 07/24/05 at 11:32:01

Your petc0ck uses vacuum; that's where that line should go.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
mikedasavage
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 07/24/05 at 11:38:39

where on the petcock ? i dont see any place to mount it .

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #7 - 07/24/05 at 11:49:51

This is one of the pics in Smoknweelz's post in the Technical Corner thread Fuel Tank.
The one marked Air Connection.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
mikedasavage
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 07/24/05 at 12:52:04

well that sucks mine doesn't have that, but i think i might know whats wrong. i Had the fuel lines connected while installing the throttle cable. the amal has a big bolt on the bottom of the bowl. i pulled it off and there was gas sitting in it so i know the carb is getting gas what i think is that flooded the engine since i had the throttle open in full for some time while i was install the cable. Pretty stupid on my part i know but i completly forgot and just realized it.

i was looking at the pics of bobo's install and seems that his petc0ck doesn't have one either

Awesome pic though really helps me know that i did everything right.

now that i look at again it looks like he does have it. well i looked at mine a bit closer and there is a hole but no shaft to connect it to and my stock carb doesn't have a vacuum i might need to order a new petcock i'm sure its going to need it.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 20:54:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Barnett Throttle Cables

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.