Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Broken Headlight mount 87 (Read 4 times)
theikeman

Live each day as if
it were your last

Gibsonton in South Florida
Broken Headlight mount 87
07/20/05 at 00:20:43

The headlight assembly off my 87 is broken, lower half of mount still attached to bike, any fixes available?
???Thanks
Ike

1996 Just bought it, Maroon, so much to do, so little time ... Future adds: Iridium, dyna muff, air filter mod, fork brace, 1 piece seat, carb mod and more
  IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Re: Broken Headlight mount 87
Reply #1 - 07/20/05 at 02:56:54

Epoxy glue? ???

Gretz
Kropatchek Grin

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
Paula71
2005 No Login

Ohio Rider 'N Luvn
every minute!

Troy, Ohio
Reply #2 - 07/20/05 at 04:07:45

Epoxy fixed mine, not even a slight rattle. Been holdin now for over 1100 miles.  Smiley

WWW sctsamj sctsamj   IP Logged
Michael
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/20/05 at 04:46:45

THEIKEMAN:

Mine broke last summer, while away from home..Glad it was daylight!  This plastic chrome crap they use is notorious for breaking. I can't believe they still use it, as far as I know.

I was lucky enough to pick up a light casing  from a member of this forum, very cheap. Haven't had a problem since.

You might  want to check out e-bay....or the market place on this forum...Sometimes people are parting out bikes, and sell the stuff at pretty reasonable prices.

As far as epoxy, it didn't work for me. The chemical reaction that mixing the 2 tubes together created heat, which weakened the plastic even worse than it was.

Suzuki wants an unreasonably high amount for this casing. If memory serves, it was well over $100......Why they haven't addressed the issue with replacement parts, is beyond me.... A real chrome one would be ideal.

What I did to get me by, until my other one arrived, was purchase  2 zinc (chrome looking)" L " brackets from the hardware store.....I used the bolt holes that are there for the headlight,( underneath)  and placed one on each side of the light...I then drilled a small hole on each side of the headlight casing, and attached the bracket with small bolts....It worked great, ....If you use all pieces of the original casing and mount it is quite stable, and is hardly noticeable..I actually could have lived with it, if I hadn't came across the replacement casing
Good luck

cheers

Michael

IP Logged
mikedasavage
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/20/05 at 13:49:49

IP Logged
theikeman

Live each day as if
it were your last

Gibsonton in South Florida
Reply #5 - 07/21/05 at 00:26:41

mikedasavage
Thanks, am high bidder now
Ike
Wink

1987 Yellow, Harley Handlebar, drilled rotor, Supertrapp, stock airbox, idle mix screw drilled out 2.5 turns.

1996 Just bought it, Maroon, so much to do, so little time ... Future adds: Iridium, dyna muff, air filter mod, fork brace, 1 piece seat, carb mod and more
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #6 - 07/21/05 at 04:29:24

8)For a "cooler" look and more illumination, go the the larger headlight assembly from the VZ800 Marauder ... it'll bolt right on the Savage and looks super to boot!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 11:06:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Broken Headlight mount 87

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.