Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Gel Seat (Read 42 times)
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Re: Gel Seat
Reply #15 - 07/20/05 at 08:38:32

Anyone know why they say this won't fit LS650?

IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Reply #16 - 07/20/05 at 08:51:37

mornhm - FSO wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
Anyone know why they say this won't fit LS650?

It DOES fit.

Greetz
Kropatchek Grin

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
mikedasavage
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 07/20/05 at 09:05:28

it requires some minor modification but there is already a post on it somewhere.

IP Logged
lcs151
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 07/21/05 at 13:03:34

Wow i ordered my gel seat from oenida like a month ago and its not on there anymore. it was especially for the savage and required NO modification.  Im not too impressed with the gel seat- not much different from the stock seat in my opinion. if anyone gets one of the one-peice s-40 gel seats, let me know how that one feels... thanks

IP Logged
lcs151
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 07/21/05 at 13:04:57

Just saw that gel seat people are looking at on ebay- thats exactly what i bought from oenida.

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #20 - 07/21/05 at 15:40:38

I just ordered a gel seat from the stealership for the '05 S40, I'll let everybody know how it works on my '02 LS 650 when it comes in. Ride Safe, Ed L.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Durandal
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 07/21/05 at 16:34:23

Deb wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
hey Rob if you get the gel seat let us know how you like it? Thanks

I have that gel seat.  Won it on the previous auction.  Looks like Savage_Rob may get it for a lot less than what I paid.  

I rode with the gel seat for a few days.  What I found was that the gel definitely made a difference, at least for me.  I wasn't feeling any shock to the tailbone and up my back from the bumps in the road.  I felt I could last a lot longer before I HAD to get off.

The down side for me is that the gel seat seems to sit lower than the stock seat.  I could tell because I found I was looking through my windshield instead of over it when I was riding.  The difference was maybe one inch, but it was a big deal for me. I'm 5' 7" and the stock seat was a touch low for me to begin with.  

I do like the seat, so I think I'm going to try to find someone who can add some foam to it and re-use the gel insert.  The thicker seat might look kind of funny on the bike, but as long as I'm comfortable it don't matter.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #22 - 07/22/05 at 16:24:32

Not gonna bid any higher.  Someone else is gettin' it.  I would have preferred the 2-piece version but it's discontinued and no longer available through dealers.  I may go ahead and get the S40 version and do whatever slight mod is necessary to make it fit.  Has anyone actually seen the two versions of the S40 gel seat and can reasonably describe the difference between the pillow and classic versions?

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
mikedasavage
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 07/22/05 at 17:12:34

Do these people really not have any sense? $202 you can get it for that at the dealer. I'm amazed

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #24 - 07/22/05 at 17:22:27

Actually, you can't.  Only the 1-piece S40 seats are available.  The gel seat for the LS650 is discontinued.  It's not worth $200 to me for the 2-piece though.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
mikedasavage
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 07/22/05 at 19:24:23

my stealership still has some. trust me there are still some out there. they didn't just throw away the ones they made.

IP Logged
Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Reply #26 - 07/24/05 at 17:16:02

I would like a comparo between the old 2-piece gel seat and the new 1-piece S40 gel seat(non-pillow). The new 1-piece appears thicker in the few photos I have examined. Has anyone seen these side-by-side?
I would like to traded up to the new one and be happy to sell/swap my 2-piece gel to Rob or whomever might use it here. I am 2 months behind here and still want to try Gregs "middle bumper removal" trick when I get back. Smiley

SilverBlue '01,K&N,Snorklectomy,125mm NOS carb, 1/2 spacer & 155, 'Trapp, NC flyscreen, Suzy GelSeat, Osram H4
later..putt. Putt, PUtt, PUTT! 8)
HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #27 - 07/25/05 at 06:00:04

I finally said to hell with it and ordered an S40 seat.  I got the pillow type.  I'll let you know what I think once I get it and have an opportunity to take a longer ride on it.  I called all the dealers in my area and none stock any of the seats nor do they have any bikes with any on them.  In general, you just don't have any way to make a comparison.  So I flipped a coin.

Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #28 - 07/25/05 at 06:52:20

The S40 gel seat that I ordered came in Friday, installation on my '02 was a snap. Instead of drilling a hole in the rear fender to mount the back tab on the gell seat I bent the metal loop on the fender back and slipped the tab under it. Haven't done a long ride yet but after a 50 mile test ride it feels fine. There is more of a cup in the gel seat saddle area so it is harder to slide your butt back for more leg room, besides that it seems much more comfortable.  Ride Safe

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Karen627
Ex Member

Reply #29 - 07/25/05 at 10:32:41

Ed, which seat did you get, the pillow or the classic?

I've got the 2005 S40; the stock seat is killing my tailbone. Tongue  Does the Savage stock seat hurt the same way?  Or is it a different kind of uncomfortable?

I hear the Savage seat is worse than the stock S40 seat.  I'm wondering if I'd get the same improvement by replacing my S40 seat that you seem to be getting from replacing your Savage seat?

Thanks. Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/20/24 at 08:12:20

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Gel Seat

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.