Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print
Gel Seat (Read 42 times)
Karen627
Ex Member

Re: Gel Seat
Reply #45 - 08/08/05 at 18:31:55

Oooh, wow, that does look good.  

Hmm.  I might have to get me one of those.  It just might keep my tailbone from getting hammered into a pile of dust.  

I'm going to hold off a little while longer, though, in case anyone posts any more detailed reviews -- but I think I'll be ordering the pillow seat pretty soon.  Kind of surprising, since I had originally figured the classic would offer more padding -- I thought the looks of the buttons would mean sacrificing some comfort.

Thanks!  Smiley

IP Logged
mikedasavage
Ex Member

Reply #46 - 08/08/05 at 21:15:12

i ended up ordering the classic gel seat because my back rest was flat and didn't have that pillow look it thought it would look better

IP Logged
jrm8486
Ex Member

Reply #47 - 08/09/05 at 07:29:44

Does the gel seat make you sit any lower?somebody on this site said it did and somebody said it did'nt. My 05 is killing my bask and tailbone, but I'm also looking to sit a little lower in the saddle.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #48 - 08/09/05 at 08:59:52

The pillow version sits you slightly higher.  I don't know about the classic version.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Da Queen
Ex Member

Reply #49 - 08/09/05 at 09:18:42

That really DOES look great, Rob!  When do you think you'll "exercise" it fully?  I'd be interested to hear how it compares to that gel pad you'd used before (mine just came in yesterday).  If you find it's comperable I may just buy the seat too.  I've got a long ride coming up in September, so I want to be prepared  Smiley

Vicki (Da Queen)

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #50 - 08/09/05 at 10:21:27

Da Queen wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
That really DOES look great, Rob!  When do you think you'll "exercise" it fully?  I'd be interested to hear how it compares to that gel pad you'd used before (mine just came in yesterday).  If you find it's comperable I may just buy the seat too.  I've got a long ride coming up in September, so I want to be prepared  Smiley

Vicki (Da Queen)

So far as overall comfort goes, that Gel-Tec pad you just got is definitely superior.  But since my main problem is not remembering to put the pad on for long rides, this seat should be a help.  How much of a help is yet to be seen.  I'll keep you posted.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Paula71
2005 No Login

Ohio Rider 'N Luvn
every minute!

Troy, Ohio
Reply #51 - 08/09/05 at 16:51:52

jrm8486 FSO X2 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Does the gel seat make you sit any lower?somebody on this site said it did and somebody said it did'nt. My 05 is killing my bask and tailbone, but I'm also looking to sit a little lower in the saddle.

The pillowtop gel I received from Oneida Suzuki sits me nearly 2 inches lower than the S40 stock seat!  I thought it would be the same or slightly higher.  I am 5'5" and my knees feel like they are in my ribs now.  Smiley
It still rides good, definetly less vibration but not as much cushion. I, too am waiting for time to run a 200 plus mile trip out to see for sure. Wink

WWW sctsamj sctsamj   IP Logged
Paula71
2005 No Login

Ohio Rider 'N Luvn
every minute!

Troy, Ohio
Reply #52 - 08/09/05 at 16:58:01

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Okay, initial report...  I haven't done a long ride yet but I just did 90 miles on her today and I am pleased with the seat.  It sits higher than the stock and I initially though that would bother me but I actually like the position of my legs a bit better.  While it's not really as "cushy" as a pillow seat with buttons may look to be, it does isolate just about all of the vibration.  I never felt any discomfort at all but I still think I need a 200 mile ride to say for sure.  I'll keep you posted.  I think it looks pretty good on the bike.

http://storage.msn.com/x1pc-yEiW3gLn5dVLjlNSPyrlxtIIsXQKGgAICh1tnLLi0fr9ysZXg...

Rob

Very cool looking scoot you have there Savage_Rob 8)

Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #53 - 08/09/05 at 18:00:08

Paula71 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Very cool looking scoot you have there Savage_Rob 8)

Thank you!  I like her a lot.

Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #54 - 08/09/05 at 18:02:16

The pillowtop gel I received from Oneida Suzuki sits me nearly 2 inches lower than the S40 stock seat!  I thought it would be the same or slightly higher.  I am 5'5" and my knees feel like they are in my ribs now.  Smiley
It still rides good, definetly less vibration but not as much cushion. I, too am waiting for time to run a 200 plus mile trip out to see for sure. Wink

Hmmm, mine is a pillow style gel seat (also from Oneida Suzuki) but it rides higher than the stock LS650 Savage seat.  I guess the stock S40 must ride higher than the stock LS650.  Interesting...

jrm8486
Ex Member

Reply #55 - 08/09/05 at 18:56:07

Does any one know if suzuki sells the backrest pad to match the pillow top seat? I sent an Email to oneida and still got no answer.

IP Logged
Paula71
2005 No Login

Ohio Rider 'N Luvn
every minute!

Troy, Ohio
Reply #56 - 08/09/05 at 19:06:23

Hmmm, mine is a pillow style gel seat (also from Oneida Suzuki) but it rides higher than the stock LS650 Savage seat.  I guess the stock S40 must ride higher than the stock LS650.  Interesting...

Hmmm, well you made me do some research, it appears the Savage and S40 both have 27.6" seat height stock.

I thought your seat Pic looked like it was thicker than mine.  Oh geesh, here I go me and my troubles--LOL Grin

Okay, sooo I measured.  The stock S40 I have is 1" to 1.25" thicker than the gel pillowtop I have(Depending on where you measure).  
Also, the stock seat is approximately 13" from tank to tailbone Smiley
urple;">The gel is just barely 11" and is "cup" shaped, which pushes me forward.  
The width of the gel is nearly 2" narrower, also

The stock seat rider and passenger is nearly the same height.  The gel seat  sits the passenger up higher (which I like better).

Wonder if the seats can vary slightly like stone washed blue jeans?  Tongue LOL

mikedasavage
Ex Member

Reply #57 - 08/09/05 at 20:09:41

i saw a pillow backrest on the suzuki website kinda expensive though. thats the whole reason i'm getting the classic.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #58 - 08/09/05 at 20:13:05

Hmmm, well you made me do some research, it appears the Savage and S40 both have 27.6" seat height stock.

I thought your seat Pic looked like it was thicker than mine.  Oh geesh, here I go me and my troubles--LOL Grin

Okay, sooo I measured.  The stock S40 I have is 1" to 1.25" thicker than the gel pillowtop I have(Depending on where you measure).  
Also, the stock seat is approximately 13" from tank to tailbone Smiley
urple;">The gel is just barely 11" and is "cup" shaped, which pushes me forward.  
The width of the gel is nearly 2" narrower, also

The stock seat rider and passenger is nearly the same height.  The gel seat  sits the passenger up higher (which I like better).

Wonder if the seats can vary slightly like stone washed blue jeans?  Tongue LOL

It could also be that my stock seat was a 98 and had years of use to "settle" it a bit.

Paula71
2005 No Login

Ohio Rider 'N Luvn
every minute!

Troy, Ohio
Reply #59 - 08/09/05 at 20:29:12

It could also be that my stock seat was a 98 and had years of use to "settle" it a bit.

Now that makes since, I am sure my foam stock seat will do some "settlin' " after a few years, only a few thousand on her now Wink  

Just got back from a night ride, nice and slow on the country roads. Stars, crickets, racoons, the quiet and not a soul around-- very beautiful. Smiley

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 09:26:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Gel Seat

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.