SavageDude
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

OC_California
Interesting Facts
07/17/05 at 21:43:03

Just came across this report from Progressive Insurance about our Savage

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/news.cfm?week=062#1

2005 S40, debadged, Tkat FB, saddle bags, sissy bar, HD Sporter muff, Fly screen, white spacer mod, 150 main jet.....and sssslowly upgrading
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: Interesting Facts
Reply #1 - 07/18/05 at 01:38:31

Smiley Cool! Our beloved Savage/S40's are least likely to be crashed or stolen! More reasons to love owning the LS650!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #2 - 07/18/05 at 05:51:15

The two are related -- bikes are stolen for repair parts.

As for crashing, "corrolation is not causation."  It is not that the Savage is least likely to be crashed, it is that those riders who are least likely to crash gravitate toward the Savage (among other bikes.)

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #3 - 07/18/05 at 15:14:06

Paladin. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
The two are related -- bikes are stolen for repair parts.

As for crashing, "corrolation is not causation."  It is not that the Savage is least likely to be crashed, it is that those riders who are least likely to crash gravitate toward the Savage (among other bikes.)

I think that it's very important that every forum have one person capable of objective thinking, able to dispel myths and maintain focus during moments of general confusion.  

So, why do the least likely riders gravitate to the Savage?  Are they quality and performance minded, or merely individuals seeking to embrace the latest in cutting edge technology?

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #4 - 07/18/05 at 15:20:06

or old and the crotchrockets hurt our backs!

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #5 - 07/18/05 at 15:23:30

...or the Savage was the only thing they could convince their parents to buy for them.

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #6 - 07/18/05 at 15:48:40

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
.....So, why do the least likely riders gravitate to the Savage?  Are they quality and performance minded, or merely individuals seeking to embrace the latest in cutting edge technology?
Bass-ackward.  It is not that we sensible people gravitate to the Savage.  It is that those who tend toward showing off, excessive speed, etc. gravitate to sportbikes, supermotos, huge overweight cruisers, etc..  Not saying that those who ride such are idiots, nor that there are no idiots on Savages -- just that on average those who choose to show off, show boat, whatever, do not choose a little thumper cruiser to do so.

We are those who have been left behind.

Or so they may think.  In reality we are not left behind, we are far ahead in a different direction.

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #7 - 07/18/05 at 16:23:42

While there are responsible riders drawn to all types of bikes and irresponsible riders drawn to all types, I believe that for the most part the speed-freaks, stunt-junkies, bar-to-bar posers and just plain morons are generally not drawn to the Savage as it doesn't fit  either the the machine or image they require.

On the subject of being left behind.....

When it comes to "crossing over", maybe it's better to be left behind.

Grin

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #8 - 07/18/05 at 21:23:00

I chose the Savage back in 1998 because it was: inexpensive, economical to ride/repair, obscure enough to catch my interest, and ORANGE... Roll Eyes

In the motorcycling world, HD Big Twins have becomne the equivalent of street rodding's 32 Ford. They are "belly buttons", as in, pretty much everyone has or at least had one. I've had Harleys. I HAVE a 32 Ford Victoria.  I use the 32 Ford for target practice out back of my uncle's street rod shop...
-WD

My stepson chose the Savage because it was: available, easy to ride, already modified to his taste, and his just past jailbait girlfriends all think it is "cool, cute, or kick a$$".

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
DavidV
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 07/18/05 at 21:59:02

The Savage has more power than my Jetta, and doesn't attract attention from the inner city morons who'd steal a dirt bike or a Hayabusa.  

The Savage is the perfect bike.  I don't want to ride a wheelie or do a stoppie, or ride at twice the speed limit.  So the "little" 650 makes a lot of sense.  

Besides, it wasn't all that long ago that 650 was a large bike, right?  What did Brando ride in that famous movie?  A 600 Triumph?  An 883 Sportster was the huge bike a few years ago -  why is it the lady's bike now?  Ego?  

I'm willing to be wrong.

Regards, David

IP Logged
theikeman

Live each day as if
it were your last

Gibsonton in South Florida
Reply #10 - 07/18/05 at 23:01:03

I chose the Savage because it was cheap, looks great, looks like it's easy to maintain, easy to upgrade/improve, fits me just fine and above all, it's a blast to ride. What else would a 59 year old veteran want?
BTW, I once heard that harleys are p-nile extensions for their weekend only riders .... Wink

Ike

1996 Just bought it, Maroon, so much to do, so little time ... Future adds: Iridium, dyna muff, air filter mod, fork brace, 1 piece seat, carb mod and more
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #11 - 07/19/05 at 01:21:23

Quote:
In reality we are not left behind, we are far ahead in a different direction.

Brilliant Paladin!

In reality, I choose the LS because I was/am a Noobie, it resembled my previous Rebel in style and more importantly weight ... but had extra cc's ... and because it fit like a glove. A peculiar bonous, is how the Savage "suits" me, my personality and general outlook on life ... spinning in a slightly retrograde orbit as it where. Like some arrange marriages, "love" grows after the nuptuials Wink
Last evening, went for a solo spin and stopped by the local Donut Shoppe/Bike Hangout on the way home. An older geezer on an 1100 V-Star says to me while sizing-up my Bike, "Only one cylinder?"
I smiled and replied, "Real men need only one." He laughed, waved and rode off with his posse.

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #12 - 07/19/05 at 07:34:04

Paladin. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
In reality we are not left behind, we are far ahead in a different direction.

Actually, that reminded me of a T.S. Eliot quote: "In a world of fugitives, it is those that turn the other way that appear to run away."

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Reply #13 - 07/19/05 at 08:00:29

Quote:
Actually, that reminded me of a T.S. Eliot quote: "In a world of fugitives, it is those that turn the other way that appear to run away."

Excellent, if obscure reference. Who'd a thunk a "savage" would have ever seen that play. I used to drag a copy of The Wasteland around with me. Talk about a flashback to memory lane. Thanks for the memories Smiley

IP Logged
Bluejeanz
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 07/20/05 at 12:04:30

Well, I think there is a correlation ...  If you'll notice, 4 of the top 5 most likely to be stolen are also 4 of the top 5 mostly like to be crashed.

Hence, it's the freakin' thief that's crashing the bike!

I, for one, KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that I lack the riding skill and experience to successfully handle a Gixxer... I'm willing to bet the thieves don't stop to think about that when they steal 'em...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 08:43:42

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Interesting Facts

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.