Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Need Help - Bike wants to stall for first 10 min. (Read 5 times)
realdeal

Thumpity, thumpity,
thump...

Re: Need Help - Bike wants to stall for first 10 m
Reply #15 - 07/20/05 at 05:52:04

Okay . . . I started her up last night.  It's definately running better, but still has a tendency to stall in that period just after it starts to warm up but before it gets all the way warmed up.  

I also noticed something else.  When I'm sitting in neutral and crank on the throttle, it doesn't snap back down to idle . . . it kinda slowly drifts back down to idle.  There is a second or so delay between the position of the throttle and the speed of the motor.  

I decided to study the diagram of the carb, when I discovered something disturbing.  I appear to be missing the spring I've shown below.  

Am I losing my mind?  The 87's are supposed to have this spring, right?  Could this be my culprit?

IP Logged
savage_joe
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 07/20/05 at 06:35:00

My 87 has the spring, something tells me your's should too.  Joe

IP Logged
realdeal

Thumpity, thumpity,
thump...

Reply #17 - 07/26/05 at 05:44:47

okay, I got the new spring for my carb in the mail yesterday and installed it last night (see above in this thread for an illustration of which spring).  Definately made a difference.  Seems to have more power and run a lot smoother.

Unfortunately, it didn't seem to completely cure my stalling problem.  Right after I installed it and started it, it ran fine until it started to warm up (same as before).  Once the temp started to rise, it was trying to idle, but woudl die out after a minute or so.  I decided to take it for a spin.  I hopped on the bike and drove it, and it idled just fine.  Drove it for 30 min. or so with no problem.

There is one weird thing about it, though.  If i'm crusing up to a stop light and pull the clutch (remove the load from the engine), the RPM's will go way down to the point that it almost stalls.  Then, it quickly builds up RPM's again until it reaches idle speed.  

Any ideas what would cause this?

IP Logged
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Reply #18 - 07/26/05 at 10:57:22

Sounds like idle mix is a bit rich, if it were slow dropping to tickover it would be lean.

Clive W  Cheesy

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 16:47:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Need Help - Bike wants to stall for first 10 min.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.