2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: Horn replacement?
Reply #15 - 07/05/05 at 21:41:46

TOO COOL!!!!!

I may have to add a sidehack after all, the horns are as big as the bike...I'm leaning towards the aircraft carrier air horn...
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #16 - 07/06/05 at 02:05:29

LOL WD ... too funny man!
Why not add a coupla forward facing speakers an amplifier and MP3 player in the saddlebag that plays a LOUD digital soundclip of "HEY DUMBA$$" everytime the horn button is depressed ... or the sound of machine gun fire or an F18 takin' off?
Last Saturday, while on a run thru Portugal Cove, near St. John's International Airport, a twin of RCAF F18's took off right over our heads ... scared the livin' crap outa us!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Reply #17 - 07/06/05 at 12:46:22

IP Logged
Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Reply #18 - 07/27/05 at 19:05:03

Looks like the c0ckpit of Snoopy's Sopwith Camel! Shocked

SilverBlue '01,K&N,Snorklectomy,125mm NOS carb, 1/2 spacer & 155, 'Trapp, NC flyscreen, Suzy GelSeat, Osram H4
later..putt. Putt, PUtt, PUTT! 8)
HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
Hammy211
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 07/28/05 at 00:34:45

Paladin. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
I replaced the 105db disc horn with a 138db blaster:
http://www.andruschak.net/mike/Horn.jpg
I now sound like a large car rather than a little bike.  I need to add the high tone mate to sound like a Caddy.

It just about mounted in place of the stock disk, using the extension bracket that came with the horn.  I may have used a longer bolt.

I put a horn on just like this purchased at Napa.  I had the gas tank off and it screwed right into the hole without the extension.  Used a couple of washer to have it face forward.  Work great the first time I used it but ever since I rode in the rain it has been mess up.  I don't know if it was the water(none in it now) or something else entirely.

IP Logged
Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Reply #20 - 07/29/05 at 00:14:05

It's a 'safety device' they should replace it or you may get run over & your widow would own them. Carry it back and try again. Take a piece of wire and jump it to one of the batteries they have sitting around so they can see it won't work. Grin

SilverBlue '01,K&N,Snorklectomy,125mm NOS carb, 1/2 spacer & 155, 'Trapp, NC flyscreen, Suzy GelSeat, Osram H4
later..putt. Putt, PUtt, PUTT! 8)
HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #21 - 07/29/05 at 06:07:43

Also be sure it's angled slightly downward like Paladin's or you'll need to drill a drain hole to be sure water doesn't get trapped inside it.  I have the same type and haven't had any problems though I've only ridden in moderate rain - no downpours yet.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
doktork
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 09/22/07 at 20:11:46

Just installed the Nautilus compact.  It works great!  Was able to squeeze the relay under the metal casing on the left (driver's left) side.  Was easier to remove the seat and tank for wiring.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 02:39:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Horn replacement?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.