Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
it's a sad day in moses lake (Read 8 times)
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Re: it's a sad day in moses lake
Reply #15 - 06/23/05 at 13:52:48

Red_Wine wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
Sorry to read about this. I`ll make sure I learn from this very sad experience.

Please, Sluggo, express my condolences to the rider's family from a Chilean fellow rider.

RW

the memorial is tommorrow at the grange hall i manage.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Suzuki_Sam
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 06/24/05 at 12:23:21

To those who might be spooked by this - tragedy comes in all forms.  I'm also on a bicycle forum (Love to ride my Schwinn!)  and not long ago a bicyclist was also killed during a ride going through an intersection too fast without looking.  The moral of this story, as you all have pointed out - be careful and don't do what you're not skilled to do!

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #17 - 06/24/05 at 18:07:16

my final words on the subject.

as a strange twist of fate would have it, i played an instrumental part in the memorial service.

as program director of the grange it's my job to rent the hall, and monitor it's activities. several hundred family members and friends attended, along with the representitives of several of the areas m/c clubs, none of which knew in person the young women involved, they led the prosession (sp) to the internment site. the family was deeply moved by the gesture. on behave of the members, at red wines suggestion, i offered our condolences. i had placed the flag at half staff in honor of the memorial.

my biggest task was to get the 100 car pack across a busy highway at 1715hrs in the afternoon.  no small task i might add.. i then switched the hall from all chairs, to chairs and tables, before they returned from the internment site.

i spent a few minutes with her grandfather before they returned, and quietly slipped away (we have a firm no booze policy and i didn't want to be around to enforce it).

i think the thing that touched me the most was all the bikers who showed up without knowing her, a show of brotherhood. a brotherhood i'm proud to belong to, along with all you fine members.  

enough of my serious side, back to the smart arsed sluggo you all know and most love.  Roll Eyes

ride safe, be well,
sluggo

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Red_Wine

Chain-drive, 400cc
Black Savage in
Chile

Santiago, Chile
Reply #18 - 06/27/05 at 12:47:51

sluggo wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
on behave of the members, at red wines suggestion, i offered our condolences.

Thank you, Sluggo.

RW

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/05/24 at 21:33:35

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › it's a sad day in moses lake

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.