Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Poll Poll
Question: What machines have you owned?

What have you done?
How have you done?

« Created by: Thumpertoo on: 04/20/10 at 20:34:29 »

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12
Send Topic Print
What would you ride if the Savage650 didn't exist? (Read 1616 times)
imnot12
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: What would you ride if the Savage650 didn't ex
Reply #120 - 04/26/10 at 06:52:25

More like which bike ARE you riding.  My wife replaced the Savage with a Kawi ER-6n.  Actually pretty fun little bike.  It's bad when you make excuses to ride your wife's bike!

IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #121 - 04/26/10 at 06:56:35

ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!It's about bein' in da wind!

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
Oldbiker73
YaBB Newbies

Reply #122 - 04/26/10 at 16:39:34

TheCaliKid wrote on 04/23/10 at 21:46:46:
New Triumph Bonneville, Made in England
Twin 790cc

Sadly, only the first few production runs of the new Bonnie were made in England.  Since somewhere around '06 or '07 Bonnie production was shifted to Triumph's factory in Thailand. I believe the Thruxton and Scrambler are Thai-built as well.

IP Logged
Oldbiker73
YaBB Newbies

Reply #123 - 04/26/10 at 16:45:15

RTC wrote on 04/24/10 at 23:56:18:
verslagen1 wrote on 04/24/10 at 23:40:46:
RTC wrote on 04/24/10 at 23:19:18:
why are there only like two riders on here who have voted for a sportster?? is there something wrong with HD that i  and the rest of america are just not understanding? what is the deal?? i would definent,y go for  sportster next and I WILL. why does everyone seems tio think that japanese bikes are better?? dont get me wrong, i love the way this bike is put together(almost). but really there is so much more aftermarket and mainline support for the sprtster. the guts i know who have 883's have had  no problems for several thousand miles. SO WHAT IS THE IS PROBLEM!!?? (besides ego)

I've got to say the problem is your's, 'I'm gonna get a HD and why aren't you?'  There are a lot of riders here with long histories of many bikes from all over the world.  Are we wrong for wanting something different... naw.  Are you wrong for wanting the 'American' m/c... naw.  But quit trying to prove your decision is the right one to me.  Hey you got 2 wheels, me too, great, good looking ride, yada, yada, yada...

i have a savage and i love it!! if i had to upgrade being that my bike bit the dust and i had the cash(not credit) on hand to purchase one...i would buy a sportster. it seems that the reas you give for not getting a harely is to be different. honestly besides the savage, all the other metric cruisers seem almost like imitations. why not have the real thing? i dont own a HD and dont forsee that happening in the next several years but WHY discount the machine? as a novice rider i am curious. for now i ride a savage, and i am very happy with it!! this is a "if,then" thread so i REALLY want to know!!!! besides the " i am better than than a harley" what is the problem?

Just my two cents, I bought a new 883 Sportster sometime back around '91, IIRC it was the last model with chain drive.  The bike looked ok, the build quality was average, everything worked.  But I sold it back to the dealer after three years.  Remembering it now, the only word to describe it that pops into my head was.... boring. It honestly wasn't that much fun.  I would not buy another.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #124 - 04/26/10 at 17:01:33

I guess if I couldn't ride a Savage,...
I'd have to settle for an S40 Boulevard... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #125 - 04/26/10 at 17:07:33

You would be getting a faster bike.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
einheit13

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #126 - 04/26/10 at 18:09:41

Oldbiker73 wrote on 04/26/10 at 16:39:34:
Twin 790cc

Sadly, only the first few production runs of the new Bonnie were made in England.  Since somewhere around '06 or '07 Bonnie production was shifted to Triumph's factory in Thailand. I believe the Thruxton and Scrambler are Thai-built as well.

Triumph has four factories in all, two in Leicestershire and two in Thailand. As the brand grows on the world stage complete machines for the Pacific rim countries are being assembled in Thailand, although it is interesting to note that the engines for these machines are manufactured in Leicestershire and shipped to Thailand. All UK/US spec machines are manufactured in England.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #127 - 04/26/10 at 18:41:41

Quote:
I guess if I couldn't ride a Savage,...
I'd have to settle for an S40 Boulevard...

bill67 wrote on 04/26/10 at 17:07:33:
You would be getting a faster bike.

I guess it's the aerodynamic tank lettering... Huh...
Swoosh!....

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Oldbiker73
YaBB Newbies

Reply #128 - 04/26/10 at 19:19:07

einheit13 wrote on 04/26/10 at 18:09:41:
Oldbiker73 wrote on 04/26/10 at 16:39:34:
Twin 790cc

Triumph has four factories in all, two in Leicestershire and two in Thailand. As the brand grows on the world stage complete machines for the Pacific rim countries are being assembled in Thailand, although it is interesting to note that the engines for these machines are manufactured in Leicestershire and shipped to Thailand. All UK/US spec machines are manufactured in England.

At least some, maybe many Canadian and US Bonnies were produced in Thailand.  Easy to check, the 11th character in the bikes' serial number tells the tale. For the frames of US machines (and Canadian too from what I've seen at the local dealer), the character will be either "J" for Jacknell Road in Hinckley UK, or "T" for the factory at the Amata Nakorn Estate in Chonburi, Thailand.  The machines in the showroom here are all stamped T, as was an up-for-sale US spec machine I looked at last year. Triumph has increased overseas capacity and transferred much more production work in the last couple of years to cut costs.

Triumph currently has three factories operating in Thailand at the moment.  The third factory opened in 2007 and handles diecasting and general machining. The original Thai shop (2002) did components such as frames, fuel tanks, etc.  The second plant opened four years later and houses the assembly line and paint shop.

I know, this is drifting a bit off-topic. Smiley

IP Logged
einheit13

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #129 - 04/26/10 at 19:20:48

XJ 650......road warrior project...

XLCH

Bonnie

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #130 - 04/26/10 at 19:21:43

thumperclone!!! cause i own er...
if elm seeds were dollars the triumph T BIRD....1700 tour set up w/ long non epa pipes!!! gimme gimmme!!
AND as a toy bike the 5150 roller frame with my own horz thumper build...just for round town and parades...

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #131 - 04/27/10 at 03:20:26

I think I may have posted on this Topic waaaaaaay back in it's beginnings a few years ago ... but will do so again now 'cause I've changed my mind a bit ... may have posted up an XL883L as a "Savage Alternative" before, but since, my bad back has gotten worse and I've also had the opportunity to spend some time with a couple of smaller displacement "standard" set-up Bikes (a Brazilian spec Honda Titan 150 and a Canadian spec Honda CBR125R) and right now my choice would likely be a pre-2008 Kawi EX250 Ninja

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #132 - 04/27/10 at 15:06:05

I would ride a perfectly restored Honda 305 Dream. Cheesy

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #133 - 04/27/10 at 15:21:10

Anything except a Harley or a crotch rocket or one of those Chinese bikes.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Stimpy - FSO
Serious Thumper

SuzukisSavage Int'l
Division

Germany - formerly SD, SoCal
Reply #134 - 04/28/10 at 06:09:58

...probably a Vulcan 500cc with the ninja 6-speed engine
or a bmw 650f GS.

Owned quite a few bikes, all different kinds, all japanese,
can't complain about any of them; had a friends' Cagiva
125cc raptor for one whole summer, that thing was THE SH*T!  
amazing amazing bike!!!

Vulcan 500 LTD

Caviga Raptor 125

Recently sold 97'savage (change of residence) - looking to buy another - just bought a temp, a great SR125 called 'methadone'
WWW Stimpy - FSO   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 08:30:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › What would you ride if the Savage650 didn't exist?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.