Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
a real HORNET'S nest...... (Read 13 times)
Trump2Thump
YaBB Newbies

Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

Space Coast of Florida
a real HORNET'S nest......
06/09/05 at 16:41:20

I just got my 88 back from the shop after two gruellingly long weeks...... it's a small shop and he was pretty busy with the long weekend, but he picked it up at work and brought it to his shop so i'm not complaining....... i posted two weeks ago for some input about a possible bad solenoid/battery or whatnot...... but i called the guy in new england that traded my Trump for the Thump before i moved to Florida and he told me it had an alarm that was giving him trouble so he disconnected it...... i called the shop and he said they had just taken the seat off and it was a real mess....... not exactly words you want to hear from your mechanic......... but $90 for labor and $40 for the tow and i'm back in the saddle again baby......... he wrote on the invoce "Removed rats nest of wires"......... think i'm gonna ride over the causeway and toss the Hornet 121 rats nest into the river...... make it sleep with the fishes like Luka Brazzi....... thanks to all who offered suggestions and most of all to my nephew who suggested i call Karl in New England....... if any of you are in central Florida hit Atlantic Cycle in Melbourne and Collin will hook you up...... next up is having the plug leak fixed and a top end rebuild with all new gaskets.........

I'm livin' and dyin' in 3/4 time.....
islandcat88   IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Re: a real HORNET'S nest......
Reply #1 - 06/09/05 at 18:15:01

I'll have what you're drinking.   Cheesy

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
bikerbebop
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/14/05 at 16:46:53

never been to acs.  I live right off of 192 toward 95.  I ride a 2001 savage.  I'll make sure I go to them next time, there's a reason they call cons,  cons!

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #3 - 11/19/05 at 08:55:58

Did I miss the point  ???

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #4 - 11/21/05 at 05:33:58

By the way... wouyld it be possible to move all the electrics from under the rear seat to ... somewhere else, and ride without the rear seat at all?

Just thinking...

Maurizio

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
RE: Removal of Pillion
Reply #5 - 11/21/05 at 06:17:56

A number of folks have either relocated the stuff under the pillion or have crafted a cover for it and then gone with a solo seat.  One relatively simple option is to go with a pod filter instead of the standard airbox and then use the airbox space for mounting of relocated items.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Re: Removal of Pillion
Reply #6 - 11/21/05 at 06:27:15

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:
One relatively simple option is to go with a pod filter instead of the standard airbox and then use the airbox space for mounting of relocated items.

Yes, exactly, that's why I bought a large round chromed air filter housing, which I plan to fit just next to (behind?) the battery cover, and leave the air box area empty. Let's see how things evolve.

Maurizio

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 10:31:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › a real HORNET'S nest......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.