Another newbie (Read 2 times)
SavageDude
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

OC_California
Another newbie
05/30/05 at 18:23:12

Hi everyone;
I've been reading all your post for the last three months but been keeping quiet. I went through my mid-life crisis and decide that I want a MC. Well, the wife had a cow when I told her that!#$ But After a month of researching, I ended up with the S40/Savage. With all the posts and tips on this forum, I decided to make S40/Savage my first bike. I love this bike so much. I can do practically everything on it; reminded me of the time when my dad and I tinkering on the VW Bug. Without the tips/tricks/know-how from you all, I would never own/ride/tinkering-around my new Savage. I just did 600 miles service myself on her(I call her Suzy Grin) and save $300(can use this to get more accessories for her Grin). Did the 1/2 spacer thing(strip the d*#n small screw inside the diagram). Anyhow, thank you everyone and I'll be looking forward to get here everyday and read all the happenings with the Savage family.

2005 S40, debadged, Tkat FB, saddle bags, sissy bar, HD Sporter muff, Fly screen, white spacer mod, 150 main jet.....and sssslowly upgrading
  IP Logged
Diane
2004 No Login

No matter where you
go, there you are.

Houston, TX
Re: Another newbie
Reply #1 - 05/30/05 at 19:07:02

Welcome.  Nothing like a mid-life crisis to put you in the wind!

Gas $3.39 a gallon, map $5.95, getting lost on a scenic country road.......... priceless!
2003 Teal Green Savage
Houston, TX
WWW   IP Logged
Suzuki_Sam
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/30/05 at 21:16:44

Welcome from another "another" newbie!  Congratulations on the bike. Even as a new rider - I was bit by that bug too.  What is it about wanting to immediately do something to personalize the bike?  Never felt the need so much with our cars.  Hmmmm....  Again - welcome!

IP Logged
Karen627
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/30/05 at 21:55:19

Hello SavageDude.  I'm also a newbie on this forum.  I bought my S40 in February (I got the white one -- which color did you get?).  

At first, I didn't get why people immediately have to start changing their bikes -- I was more concerned with learning to ride it.  So I took the MSF class in March, rode a bit for about a month, and started getting pretty comfortable.  Then suddenly I find myself going over every catalog and website I can find for stuff to add/change on my bike.   Cheesy

I haven't done the spacer thing, though -- I think I like the backfire, although I could just be rationalizing my fear of messing with the mechanics of it.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged
gazab44
2004 No Login

TO OLD TO DIE
YOUNG....

uk
Reply #4 - 05/31/05 at 05:42:24

Hey Dude and

[glow=red,2,300]WELCOME [/glow]

MSN Messenger :- gazab44@hotmail.com

VISIT MY MY HOMEPAGE
WWW msn-gazab44@hotmail.com   IP Logged
shawn_b
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/31/05 at 14:05:38

welcome Grin

shawn

IP Logged
SavageDude
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

OC_California
Reply #6 - 05/31/05 at 18:18:55

Hi Karen627;

My bike is a black one(the only one in the showroom that day). After I finished my MSF class, I went to get my MC driver license and bought the bike on the same day(impulsive behavior  Embarrassed). The reason that I did the 1/2 spacer is not to get rid of the back fire, but in hope of getting some more uhmm in the midrange band. It seems to starve for fuel between 60-70. I know I know, more can be done  Cheesy. Since I was taking the gas tank off to do the 600 miles service, the carb is wide open to get to. So I went ahead and change all 8 Philip screws to Allen head screw(cost $5.00 including lock washer at Lowe). Cannot find any Allen head screw for those two tiny screws inside the diaphram so I order 4 OEM screws for future tinkering. I already bought 2 Sporter muffler for $35 on Ebay but still want to see how different the 1/2 spacer feel (still waiting for the tiny screws Embarrassed to come-->no riding this weekend Angry.

SavageDude

2005 S40, debadged, Tkat FB, saddle bags, sissy bar, HD Sporter muff, Fly screen, white spacer mod, 150 main jet.....and sssslowly upgrading
  IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #7 - 05/31/05 at 21:18:40

Did you do the 152.5/155/157.5 main jet ( depending on what else you do) that will help wake it up for sure

IP Logged
HawkEye1967
2005 No Login

L. T. R..R. T. L
 Ridding for the Son

Reply #8 - 05/31/05 at 21:21:07

welcome

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #9 - 05/31/05 at 21:35:32

wow, newbies are coming out of the woodwork.   If this keeps up  we will be over 600 in no time.

WELCOME TO THE HOME OF SAVAGE

IP Logged
SavageDude
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

OC_California
Reply #10 - 06/01/05 at 18:28:54

Hi Reelthing;

I ordered OEM main jet 155 along with the tiny screws, I will play with it along with the sporter muff. Like I said before, MORE MOD TO COME  Wink

SavageDude

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/21/24 at 19:28:23

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Another newbie

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.