bobo383
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Neck=Red

Arlington, TX
Re: Stripped carb screws
Reply #15 - 05/28/05 at 07:46:50

klx650sm2002 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
On My FCR all the screws are allen screws as standard.

Clive W  Cheesy

Amal carb bowl screws are hex-head, like little bolts, with enough room to get a little socket around them - I think they are 7mm heads.  They also have a slot for using with a flat screwdriver.  Best bowl screws I've seen so far.

Amal slide is like a dirt bike -- needle has grooves held by an e-clip, under spring pressure.  Pull the slide out and it all comes apart easily.  No d@mn screws to strip out or install a-waaaaay down in there.

Now those little pesky screws in the slide of the stock Savage carb...I'd like to find the guy that designed that and work him over with some fuel hose...

Back in college, I was a car stereo installer for a while.  I punched so many holes in speakers using phillips drivers, I've become an expert at piercing nearly anything with a blunt tool.  I'm careful now, but I used to really mess things up.

Arlington Texas
Used to have 98 & 88 Savages
  IP Logged
Hammy211
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 05/29/05 at 23:12:07

Got them out with a 5/32 drill bit and the same size screw extractor.  I was afraid at first that the bit wasn't going to reach the screw but it just did.  Thanks for your help.

IP Logged
bobo383
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Neck=Red

Arlington, TX
Reply #17 - 05/30/05 at 08:05:06

GREAT!

Arlington Texas
Used to have 98 & 88 Savages
  IP Logged
lagagnon
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 06/01/05 at 09:17:36

Ed L. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
Here's a tip for putting them back in, take a small piece of electrical tape, wrap it around the screwdriver tip and jam the screw onto he screwdriver. The electrical tape will hold the screw on the tip of the screwdriver till you can get it lined up in the hole. Ed L.

You can also use a "glue stick" for this. Push the tip of the screwdriver into the top of a glue stick tube and the screw will stick quite nicely while you place it. This is especially great when workin gin tight areas.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/21/24 at 06:27:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Stripped carb screws

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.