Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Question about "Blueing" (Read 4 times)
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Question about "Blueing"
05/26/05 at 06:39:57

This is kind of a "my first bike" question. My savage has a little over 500 miles on it now. The exhaust pipe is starting to turn a little gold (not blue) colored near the engine.

Question: Is this OK/normal? I know it indicates that the engine is running lean/hot, but it seems to be running fine without some of the symptoms of a really lean running engine.

Thanks
Kevin

IP Logged
Setral
2005 No Login

Ressurection

KC Missouri
Re: Question about "Blueing"
Reply #1 - 05/26/05 at 06:58:37

From what I've seen so far, most of them do this blueing, even with all the stock settings on the jets, etc. And yeah it starts turning gold first then blue.

And, if you want to clean it up, this stuff Blue Job really does work. But its only half an ounce for like $15 w/ shipping unless you can find it locally.

http://www.bikepics.com/members/setral/87savage/
100% Stock, needs a little work and another bath
WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #2 - 05/26/05 at 07:18:02

I kinda like the gold and mine seems to have stopped there after changing the air filter, muffler and main jet.  I just have some ugly blueing on my muffler where I did not clean off my skin oils after installing it and then rode.  I have barely even made a small dent in that with Blue-Away and a dremel, so I just gave up.  I may try the Blue-Job but I may not bother.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
marke2571
2004 No Login

Free Spec Ops
Cody!!!!

Georgia
Reply #3 - 05/26/05 at 07:40:03

I swear by Blue-Job. I have the Jardine, and those who have it know how bad it will blue --brand new & 4 hours later its blue - what a p.o.s. - but it sure does sound good. Anyway, blue-job not only takes off the blue, but will actually prevent it from coming back as quickly. You do receive a small amount for 12 to 15 bucks, but you dont need much at all, and I mean a VERY little amount to restore a pipe. You have to put some elbow grease into it, but it will definitely work.

'02 Silver Savage
Macon, Ga.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/05/24 at 04:51:35

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Question about "Blueing"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.