Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Savage rider with a big "Thanks!" (Read 6 times)
Soupah
Ex Member

New Savage rider with a big "Thanks!"
05/23/05 at 09:13:14

First off, a big "Thanks" to all you posters who've unknowingly been so helpful. This forum has been an excellent resource- I've just come back to motorcycling after a 10-year hiatus, and thanks to the info on this site, I've done things that I never thought I could do (me, rebuild a carburetor? Amazing!). I've been lurking and reading your posts for weeks.

Looking for suggestions for my first bike, I stumbled across this old article (http://www.chuckhawks.com/good_first_motorcycles.htm) which clued me into the Suzuki Savage. I wanted a motorcycle that would get me back into the sport, that I wouldn't outgrow within a season. The Savage is that bike. The simplicity of the design lured me in, and I love the clean look. I've never been a fan of enormous, complicated machines- I embrace the K.I.S.S. principle whole-heartedly.

After looking around, I found my 2000 Savage on ebay 2 months ago. The 1st owner had an accident on the way home from the dealership (!) and bent the lower forks and dented the tank. The bike was totalled out and spent the last 5yrs garaged. The seller took the time to swap out the forks and I picked it up with a salvage title for $1900 with 42 miles on the clock. After a couple weeks of tinkering, it runs great.

Since then I've put 600 miles on it, riding every time there's a break in the dreary Chicago spring weather. I've learned how to rebuild & modify carbs, perform oil changes, check belt tension w/o the Suzuki tool and a million other little things, thanks to all of you.  Suzuki couldn't buy better PR!

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Re: New Savage rider with a big "Thanks!"
Reply #1 - 05/28/05 at 07:05:49

Welcome to the forum! Glad you came out of hiding and introduced yourself. Sorry it has take a bit for anyone to say "hi". The forum had some technical difficulties about the time you posted and I think you got lost in the shuffle.  :'(

Anyway, glad you're here and let us know what you're doing from time to time. Weather is amazing here at the moment, how is it in Chicago?

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #2 - 05/28/05 at 11:44:50

Soupah wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
After looking around, I found my 2000 Savage on ebay 2 months ago. The 1st owner had an accident on the way home from the dealership (!) and bent the lower forks and dented the tank. The bike was totalled out and spent the last 5yrs garaged. The seller took the time to swap out the forks and I picked it up with a salvage title for $1900 with 42 miles on the clock. After a couple weeks of tinkering, it runs great.

No $hit?  A 2000 with 42 miles?  The guy was going home from the dealer with a new bike, it has been parked since new, and you got it for $1900.  Whoa.  Great deal.

Welcome to SuzukiSavage.com

IP Logged
steelers4ever
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/28/05 at 12:07:59

hi and welcome. I'm in the same position as you...just got back into riding and not much experience with tinkering. The people here are extremely helpful....if there's anything you need to know, just ask...someone will have an answer, usually very detailed.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #4 - 05/28/05 at 14:28:49

Welcome to a functional family.  
And cheer's for ebay, one of my very favorite places.

IP Logged
gazab44
2004 No Login

TO OLD TO DIE
YOUNG....

uk
Reply #5 - 05/29/05 at 03:15:13

[glow=red,2,300]WELCOME [/glow]  Smiley

MSN Messenger :- gazab44@hotmail.com

VISIT MY MY HOMEPAGE
WWW msn-gazab44@hotmail.com   IP Logged
Michael
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/29/05 at 03:31:28

Soupah:

Sounds like quite the deal. I also have a 2000 Savage, which is metallic dark british racing green. She had about 3500 miles when I got her. Hardly even broke in. I was prepared to buy a new one at the time, but saved some major cash with this one... It was mint, and lady driven...Got it for 3 grand,(canadian) which is $2388 USD. A new savage was about  6 grand here(canadian)

[glow=red,2,300]Welcome [/glow] to the forum

cheers

Michael

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 10:59:52

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New Savage rider with a big "Thanks!"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!