Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Please Help with fuel petcuak/Vacuum (Read 3 times)
wnplt
Ex Member

Please Help with fuel petcuak/Vacuum
05/22/05 at 00:12:13

I'm getting the ocassional stalling running badly lately.  I go to prime and it all clears up instantly.  I check the petcaulk and it is functioning normally.  However the vacuum developed from the carb is more of a pulsating vacuum which doesn't allow a good solid flow from the fuel line coming from the tank.  If I switch to prime it is a solid flow.  My question is what kind of vacuum should I expect from the carb?  Should it be enough vacuum to hold the diaphram in the petcaulk fully to allow good fuel flow to the carb or is it more just like a sputtering of fuel into the carb?  Sputtering is more like what I have sometimes it sputter an okay amount of fuel to the carb and somtimes it is more of a trickel.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: Please Help with fuel petcuak/Vacuum
Reply #1 - 05/22/05 at 01:19:34

Change the vacuum line from carb to petc0ck, it is being sucked closed. Running on PRI switches to a MANUAL (gravity feed) bypass circuit, no vacuum needed for proper operation. Silicone hose works better than standard butyl rubber vacuum hose. Costs a few cents more per foot, lasts 2-3 times as long. Replace the vacuum and fuel hoses yearly.
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
bobo383
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Neck=Red

Arlington, TX
Reply #2 - 05/22/05 at 20:26:57

I converted my petc0ck to manual.  I can't read my own mind, so how can the petc0ck do it for me?

Arlington Texas
Used to have 98 & 88 Savages
  IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #3 - 05/22/05 at 22:01:40

If you still find it pulsing after chaning the hoses. Maybe you need to adjust an intake valve. Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
wnplt
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/22/05 at 22:11:11

Does removing the valve cover require you to adjust the valves after you reinstall it?  I recently did the oil plug repair.  If it was a valve adjustment would it act up all the time cause it seems fine 90 percent of the time.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #5 - 05/22/05 at 23:24:44

You mean ythe head cover? The valve covers are actually the funny looking little oval widgets on the head cover. And no, repairing the oil leak shouldn't necessitate a valve adjustment, but would have been a good idea to do while you had plenty of space. Adjusting them otherwise can be a pain in the butt if you don't own the tools Honda used to sell for primitive (you adjust) valve systems.

Good old Suzuki. 1980s ignition system...1920s valve train. Although, I'd actually prefer a nice points fired magneto to the system the bike came with. My trucks have points... Yep, I'm old fashioned. My NEW truck is older than I am...
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/05/24 at 08:08:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Please Help with fuel petcuak/Vacuum

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!