Send Topic Print
jardine slip on and carb (Read 9 times)
tfrawg75
2005 No Login

that's right  
I  do rock

jardine slip on and carb
05/12/05 at 08:37:58

I have just purchased a jardine slip on for my 97 savage just wondering if I could get away without jetting it.If I need to jet it any suggestions on what sizes and which ones to change. Also saw alot of pics of savages with T handlebars but can't find any wondering if HD bars would fit? Sorry if these are dumb questions new to the cruiser scene had rockets up until now

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: jardine slip on and carb
Reply #1 - 05/12/05 at 09:51:38

Yes, you can.  But now that you've bought the most expensive part of an easy power upgrade, why not spend $10 on 3 new main jets and see what works best for you.  I'd use the 150, 152.5 and 155 and read up on the white spacer and rejetting.  It's really pretty easy to do.  In fact, replacing the main jet is easier than replacing the muffler in my opinion.  The white spacer involves a little more (mainly removing the gas tank) but is still very straightforward.  Just my opinion... go for the extra power for another few dollars.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
tfrawg75
2005 No Login

that's right  
I  do rock

Reply #2 - 05/12/05 at 10:26:11

thanks, I will do that just wanted to make sure that if I only had time to put pipe on that it would still be rideable until next weekend I had time to do carb. Do u have any ideas on the T handlebars or maybe called drag bars

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #3 - 05/12/05 at 10:51:40

I believe any 1" bars fit but I haven't changed mine, so I can't say for sure.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
tfrawg75
2005 No Login

that's right  
I  do rock

Reply #4 - 05/12/05 at 10:55:01

alright thanks alot

IP Logged
Frost
2004 No Login

Watch out now....

Boston
Reply #5 - 05/12/05 at 15:54:20

1" bars will fit, you may need to replace the risers to raise the bar so the controls don't hit the tank. you don't even have to change the cables  Smiley Many of us have swapped out the bars, check out the members pictures in the map at the begining of this section.

'87 Savage Custom
WWW   IP Logged
bobo383
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Neck=Red

Arlington, TX
Reply #6 - 05/12/05 at 18:02:06

Don't have to re-jet, but you'll be alot happier with the power if you do.  Even with the stock pipe the Savage is lean from the factory.

I have a rocket, too, as well as an old superbike, and a couple cruisers.  Only one savage so far, well two if you count the wife.  Welcome!

Arlington Texas
Used to have 98 & 88 Savages
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 14:15:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › jardine slip on and carb

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.