Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
logedin again finally (Read 3 times)
diesel
2004 No Login

Watsontown, PA
logedin again finally
05/10/05 at 21:29:14

memory lapse on password, sorry 'bout that. now I have a question, my Savage had a small screen on it when purchased, and being use to the wind protection of a wing, that little screen did'nt do much. SO, I installed a plexistar 2 from National Cycle, PROBLEM, on off throttle deceleration, I get hydrocarbon fumes like following an old gas engine dump truck down a long grade, my pipes are all stock. would a longer muffler or some sort of extension reduce the fumes? is there an after market pipe or muffler that would exit exhaust behind wheel, but not make the Savage sound like a 50 cal. machine gun on acceleration? again,being use to the GL1800, don't care for too much exhaust note. Bill AKA diesel.

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Re: logedin again finally
Reply #1 - 05/10/05 at 22:34:04

I like the looks of WD's exhaust.  I am thinking of a standard glasspack with a fishtail extension/trombone.   I remember the mellow sound the glasspacks gave my Triumph Spitfire.  Maybe this summer, maybe next year.

WWW   IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #2 - 05/10/05 at 23:25:24

Uh, Paladin, that pipe is fixin' to hit the scrap bin. Looks okay in pictures, and my customers like it. It sounds like, hmm, well, a Troy-bilt 8 horse rototiller. On a good day, it sounds like a small diesel, think VW Rabbit circa early-80s.

You can find "take-off" HD fishtails for 30-60 bucks. I've got at least one of every HD fishtail or rocket tip muffler ever made. Shop has roughly 1/4 TON of used HD mufflers. They'll go to the melt yard when we get sick of tripping over them. 90% have less than 1K miles on them.

You want a GOOD fishtail set-up? Supertrapp has a fishtail end cover that works pretty decent. The reproduction Brough Superior muffler would look great. If you have the bucks, I can get a REAL one.  Just the label on the package is worth almost 5 bills...

Emgo units sound alright, but the chrome is pretty thin. Motoasia are complete, unadulterated garbage. I speak from experience, my set-up is the Motoasia junk from JC Whitless.

Harley FXR, XL1200, XL900 mufflers sound good without going overly loud.
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
diesel
2004 No Login

Watsontown, PA
Reply #3 - 05/11/05 at 19:34:23

that fishtail of WD's looks like just what I'm looking for. thanks,fellas.diesel.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 14:56:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › logedin again finally

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.