Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Accessories in Canada and I don't get dealers (Read 5 times)
russ_g
Ex Member

Accessories in Canada and I don't get dealers
05/02/05 at 10:35:36

In searching for a Tachometer I've again become frustrated with the dealers.  I ran into this last year when searching for saddle brackets and bags.  I'm in Calgary which is a fairly decent sized city of close to one million.  Every time I go to the dealer for parts or acessories.......basically anything except a bike (they have LOTS of bikes in their show rooms), they don't stock it.  Doesn't matter on the size or cost of the part/accessory.  

Hey, I get the whole not stocking things because of overhead etc.  But come on........ you're trying to tell me you sell a couple hundred cruisers a year - half of which (probably more) don't have a Tach and you don't think it would be cost effective to stock 1 universal bolt on type of Tach?????  Doesn't make sense to me.  

Anyway I went and bought Cycle Canada magazine and found www.chrometoys.com.  They're actually here in Calgary (even better).  And while they don't have the Baron's tach in stock they do have a couple Motovan tachometers.  So i'm off to check them out.  Sorry "dealer" guess i know where i'm going for accessories from now on.  Smiley

IP Logged
hellstorm
Ex Member

Re: Accessories in Canada and I don't get dealers
Reply #1 - 05/02/05 at 12:00:16

I know exactly how you feel. Except in my case the local dealer doesn't even stock main jets, I had to order them and it took 6 days for them to come in. The parts counter guy actually called back to the sevice dept. and someone said we don't have any of those. What the heck are they doing, changing oil, plugs and tires? I agree it just doesn't make sense.

Brian

IP Logged
Michael
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/02/05 at 13:40:39

Russ & hellstorm

Same story here in New Brunswick. Even spark plugs , filters, tires, tubes, etc.a re never in stock. You have to pay for them, and then wait up to a week, sometimes 10 days for the frigging order to come in. Then if you change your mind, they whine about the cost of sending it back, and sometimes refuse, if the package is opened, no matter how neat and carefully you open it.....Yet they have tons of overpriced clothing, saddlebags, gear, etc.......Like duhhhhhhhhhhhhh

For normal stuff that is universal, I usually make my Suziki Dealer my last resort. I check a couple of other bike shops I use, first. Some of them have a great selection.

cheers

Michael

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #3 - 05/03/05 at 00:07:10

Dealer doesn't stock jets because they legally CANNOT install them. They can sell them, but they can't install them. Even in Canada, it's illegal for the dealer mechanics to install non-stock cams, carbs/guts, mufflers, etc. Thank the US EPA for that nonsense.
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #4 - 05/03/05 at 04:40:02

About the same story in Houston of 4 dealers closest they stock virtually nothing for the savage just new bikes and shiny do dads - on the carb jets I got lucky there's a ratty looking used bike dealer - mostly dirt bike - neat place - walk in and half apart engines here and there, couple of naked to the frame bikes setting around - and boxes full of jets - that's what they all used to looked like.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #5 - 05/03/05 at 06:31:33

I was able to pick up Mikuni main jets for about $3 each at the local HD dealer.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/12/24 at 16:25:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Accessories in Canada and I don't get dealers

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.