Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Kickstand kill switch (Read 40 times)
Nightrain
Ex Member

Kickstand kill switch
04/25/05 at 11:57:09

If I want to delete the kill switch on the kickstand, can I just cut the wires and twist them together?
Thanks  Wink

IP Logged
tekxtc
Ex Member

Re: Kickstand kill switch
Reply #1 - 04/25/05 at 13:44:43

Also how do you bypass the clutch lever start switch?

Let us know!!

IP Logged
slavy
Serious Thumper

smart cars for
stupid people

Phoenix, Arizona
Reply #2 - 04/25/05 at 14:21:50

The clutch lever switch- just put a jumper wire between the 2 terminals of the subharness and tape it with an electrical tape.
If You do that the side stand switch doesn't matter, because the computer "thinks" the clutch is "in"

The arificial intelligence is no match for the natural stupidity
  IP Logged
Nightrain
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/25/05 at 15:07:32

so you are saying that if we cut the 2 wires from the sidestand kill switch and twist them together then it will also delete the cluctch kill switch as well??  ???

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #4 - 04/25/05 at 15:17:07

Nightrain wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
so you are saying that if we cut the 2 wires from the sidestand kill switch and twist them together then it will also delete the cluctch kill switch as well??  ???

slavy, i just jumped the clutch wires, and on my 2004 the kickstand switch is still functioning.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
dannimal
2005 No Login

Chicago IL (S/W Suburbs)
Reply #5 - 04/25/05 at 15:45:02

I like that Idea Nightrain thought of about the kickstand kill switch removal and then TEKXTC with the clutch switch bypass idea in addition to it as well. That would effectively remove all the saftey feautures on starting the bike I believe. It has positives and negatives to making these mods and maybe thinking about it first and what can happen (i.e. bad things) before doing it should be considered.

1. Forgetting to put kickstand up and you are riding along taking a corner like 30 or 40 mph and it gets snagged like a fish on a hook.

2.Starting the bike and forgetting it is in gear and are totally unprepared or thrown off balance and bike lands on ground with one of your legs to help cushion the fall. ( just hope it's not the hot exhaust or muffler side!!)

3.Maybe someone else who you trust (of course) is riding the bike and forgets or does not know about either one of the mods.

4.Kids love to sit on bikes I hope the key isn't in the ignition (Possibly the 3rd saftey mod to come) when little Johnny pushes that RED "START" button.

I probably would have done all of these mods as well in the past without any second thought of it but now I got too much to lose by doing this stuff. I thought of those 4 in only like a minute I'm sure others will think of more as well.

It's your choice guys just be carefull if you do.

-95 black savage- Supertrapp exhaust- K&N filter- custom mirrors & grips- Metzler 880's
  IP Logged
Nightrain
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 04/25/05 at 15:47:43

I am all for safety, but I am fabricating a set of forward controls and there is no place in the design for the kill switch Undecided

IP Logged
rkutzner
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 04/25/05 at 16:29:12

.......let's get rid of the neutral safety switch too !!!

I'm with dannimal here.......... Wink

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #8 - 04/26/05 at 00:34:14

Cut the sidestand wires and wire-nut the ends together on the bike side. Bypass the clutch switch. Anyone on my bike without permission deserves whatever rude surprise the bike gives them. I'm trying right now to figure out how to wire in micrswitches under the seat and get rid of ALL the handlebar wiring. Followed closely thereafter by a foot clutch hand shift conversion. Sure wish I could add a functional kicker and magneto...then I could delete over 1/2 of the "spaghetti" the bike is cluttered with.  I realize I should have bought a Beezer or Trumpet thumper...I couldn't find one (and won't own one with Lucas electrical parts...  Tongue)
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Reply #9 - 04/26/05 at 02:52:50

Nightrain wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
I am all for safety, but I am fabricating a set of forward controls and there is no place in the design for the kill switch Undecided  

See this picture of the LH forward control of the Seeger's. The switch is mounted on the protusion on the lh side.

If you still want to delete the switch, follow the wires up to the LH sidepanel. There's the connector, disconnect there and you can always reverse the procedure.

Greetz
Kropatchek Grin

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #10 - 04/26/05 at 14:21:48

To get rid of the side stand and clutch switch?  Does that mean you want to completely remove them and the wires?  

First go to the Technical Corner and get the electrical schematic (or I'll email a scanned copy to you).

Now remove the tank....

Then jumper the O and O/B wires at the right side harness connector going to the starter button.  This will jumper the relay contacts which are closed by the side stand switch....you'll find that the wires run up behind the battery box too Smiley

Now go to the left side harness connector for the clutch switch....you have a Y/G wire in 2 places because it goes to the switch and back again.  Put a jumper on the clutch switch side of that connector.  This will close the connection needed for the decompression module.

There you go.  Now you are free to grind the side stand or amuse your friends and start the bike in gear  Tongue

IP Logged
Nightrain
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 04/26/05 at 16:27:44

Thanks for the techincal info. I will most likely get around to doing it the right way. But for now, I figure I'll cut the wires, twist em, tape em, and keep it from draggin' on the ground with a zip tie Wink
real high tech.

IP Logged
Nightrain
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 04/26/05 at 16:31:46

actually, now that I think about it, this would be a great chance to put in a theft deturrent toggle switch. Divert the wires to a toggle switch in a hidden location. if you forget to flip the switch and try to drive away, the bike will stall out.  Grin Or not... Depending on how saucy I feel.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #13 - 04/26/05 at 16:49:00

Yes, that side stand switch would work for that....of course, if they do as they did to my old XL 350 (RIP), they'll just pick it up and throw it in the back of a truck and haul it off  :'(

IP Logged
Oklahoma_Mike
2005 No Login

With two on the
ground love can be
found

Tulsa Oklahoma Area
Reply #14 - 04/26/05 at 17:07:00

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
Yes, that side stand switch would work for that....of course, if they do as they did to my old XL 350 (RIP), they'll just pick it up and throw it in the back of a truck and haul it off  :'(

In a situation like that I have 6 little buddys (in my 357) that can run a hell of a lot faster than they can!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/12/24 at 22:52:04

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Kickstand kill switch

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.