Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Indian Larry's Final Ride ... (Read 10 times)
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Indian Larry's Final Ride ...
04/20/05 at 03:47:01

Last evening, Discovery Canada ran the episode of Biker Build Off featuring Indian Larry vs Denver Choppers ... was probably the best BBO episode I have ever seen ... and sadly it was Larry's final Build; just days before his death last August.
His Bikes are works of Art ... that frame fabricated from a heavy link chain has to be one of the most creative things I've witnessed on any of the "Build" shows ...
While I don't condone the kind of stunting that ultimately resulted in Larry's death, he was a true gentleman, a fine artist and an icon who, like many legends, will become larger and more revered in passing ...
R.I.P. Indian Larry ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Re: Indian Larry's Final Ride ...
Reply #1 - 04/20/05 at 05:22:05

I've seen the episode, it was a great looking bike.

i do dispute the fact that he was a stuntman, at best he was a daredevil.  Embarrassed

the difference between the two is this, a stuntman uses proper safety equipment when perfoming dangerous stunts, while a daredevil does not. a difference that cost the man his life.  I don't say this to be mean, only "keeping it real".

i have always wanted to do the stand on the seat stunt, but have never had the proper equipment to do so.  

it's sad to see someone pay the ultimate price for their actions.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #2 - 04/20/05 at 07:40:42

I agree sluggo, with the differences you cited between a daredevil and a stuntman ... Indian Larry did not need to take the risks he took with his daredevil stunts ... his reputation as a "Builder" and Artist were solid and sufficient enough ... his death was a needless one ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #3 - 04/20/05 at 20:10:04

Trying to stand on the seat while the bike is rolling isn't very fun. I tried it years ago when I first saw Indian Larry doing that. I fell off, broke my helmet, broke my arm, haven't tried it since. I can't take painkillers, so...
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/27/24 at 07:35:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Indian Larry's Final Ride ...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.