Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Looking for part number....help (Read 6 times)
Jake
Ex Member

Looking for part number....help
04/16/05 at 00:23:15

I poured over every bike bandit explode view drawing I could think of, but I could not find the seal for the neutral start switch wire through the clutch cover.  Is there a seal in there? Mine is now leaking like a sieve.  Do I need to silicone seal it?

IP Logged
Michael

Re: Looking for part number....help
Reply #1 - 04/16/05 at 00:52:59

Jake

Here is an website with microfiche's and part numbers. I am sure you will find it here.  Smiley

http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/getdesc.cfm?man=su

cheers

Michael

IP Logged
bobo383
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Neck=Red

Arlington, TX
Reply #2 - 04/16/05 at 00:55:57

My Clymer manual shows a rubber boot/grommet looking piece that fits around the wire and sits down in the little case gap.  If this is missing, RTV silicone is the next best thing.

Arlington Texas
Used to have 98 & 88 Savages
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #3 - 04/16/05 at 07:54:28

Jake wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
I poured over every bike bandit explode view drawing I could think of, but I could not find the seal for the neutral start switch wire through the clutch cover.  Is there a seal in there? Mine is now leaking like a sieve.  Do I need to silicone seal it?

Okay, here's the story....

You won't be replacing the plug seal around that nuetral switch wire without replacing the entire wire and switch.  You can't buy the plug alone.  The wire has a connector on one end and is soldered to the switch on the other and the rubber plug is in the middle.  Nonreplacable by itself.

How, do I know?  Because I have removed the switch, cut and resoldered the wire and installed a new wire connector nearer to the switch so that I can disconnect the switch without removing the tank...

If you are leaking a bunch at the plug, I'd take the case off and try to reseal it with silicone, but in truth I don't think that will ever be as permenant as a whole new plug might be.  Good luck.

IP Logged
Jake
Ex Member

Re: Looking for part number....THANKS!!
Reply #4 - 04/16/05 at 17:33:26

Thanks for the advice!  As soon as I get a new gasket, I will tackle that little job.  

BTW Greg_650..love you stair climbing smiley...
Left the room for a second and I started to hear "Butt" follwed by giggles, this repeated every ten seconds for 2 minutes straight.  Found my 5 and 2 year old watching your smiley!!!  I had to laugh...love this site!!

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #5 - 04/16/05 at 20:33:39

Go to the hardware store and buy a rubber grommet that looks like it is the right size. Cut it open with a razor blade. Slide it over the wire and superglue the slit closed. Works great, same way you change a steering column draft seal without pulling the column. (I knew reading all those car books would be good for something someday).

Saves you some grief, but doing it right is better in the long run. Come winter lay-up, do it right.
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Re: Looking for part number....THANKS!!
Reply #6 - 04/17/05 at 06:47:20

Jake wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
Thanks for the advice!  As soon as I get a new gasket, I will tackle that little job.  

BTW Greg_650..love you stair climbing smiley...
Left the room for a second and I started to hear "Butt" follwed by giggles, this repeated every ten seconds for 2 minutes straight.  Found my 5 and 2 year old watching your smiley!!!  I had to laugh...love this site!!

Glad that you and the kids like my silliness....Smiley

You didn't mention how much this seal is leaking...alot?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/27/24 at 13:43:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Looking for part number....help

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.