Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dial-a-Jet (Read 9 times)
Bluejeanz
Ex Member

Dial-a-Jet
04/14/05 at 05:22:35

Anybody use this?  Is it any good?  As I've mentioned before, "Mechanics-Ain't-Us" here just glazes over with talk of all the technical stuff because it is so far over my head.  I do try to do my own bike maintenance, but I have a mechanic hubby to make sure I don't totally screw the machine.

But jetting the carberator sounds like a good thing but the how's just blow my pea brain.  The Dial-a-Jet looks simple (at least I think I understand what I'm reading).

I just wonder how well it really works and figured somebody here could tell me something about it.

And there isn't one specifically listed for the Savage or LS650 Suzuki.  Would I want to look at the generic one for 4 stroke singles?

Thanks folks...

IP Logged
Bluejeanz
Ex Member

Re: Dial-a-Jet
Reply #1 - 04/14/05 at 12:34:10

Nobody has anything to say about Dial-a-Jet?

???  ???  ???

IP Logged
hellstorm
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/14/05 at 12:54:41

Hi, Ask Lancer, I believe he is familiar with the Dial-a-Jet setup. I am actually looking into it myself, just haven't decided yet.

Brian

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #3 - 04/14/05 at 13:11:24

Bluejeanz wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
Nobody has anything to say about Dial-a-Jet?

???  ???  ???

that has been a topic for discussion here several times.

it is much simpler to use a 155 main jet from the stealer. about 4 bucks.  read the white spacer mod thread for detaild information on the subject..

um  um  how can i say this nicely, with no intended malice. it is good for newbee's to read back through the posts or do a google search of the site to find the info they are  looking for before posting a question, as many
but not all of the things coming up these last few weeks have been discussed throughly before.  this way you can resurect an old thread, and see what others have had to say on the topic and the follow ups. also by reading past threads you can get a "read" on members and thier particular quirks and such, this way when something is said you know the posters past history and how they deal with subjects. some of us are smart asses. me, gitarzan, r.w., some are really techincal guys, like max and greg (when they speak  listen, they know their stuff).  guy's like perry, if i had any, i would let my kids stay with him. the girls, what can i say other than they tolerate us sickos when we make the trip to the gutter, down for some, up for others.  8).
mainly the people here would give you the shirt off their backs if you needed it. a greater group of people i have not met.

welcome.  

sluggo

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Bluejeanz
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/14/05 at 13:23:33

sluggo wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
um  um  how can i say this nicely...

You did so just fine.  And you are absolutely right.  I did a rather haphazard search, but I didn't look as thoroughly as I should have (though I will go do that now).

Thanks.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #5 - 04/15/05 at 01:26:31

Don't feel bad. I can rebuild a Linkert M74 or SU in my sleep. Both are, hmm, vintage, antique, dare I say, ancient HD and Indian carbs (1930s-1950s). I tried to yank the white spacer from my Savage when the bike was a month old, back in 98. I couldn't even get the screws out...

I had the tank off last week, and, on a whim, decided to follow the step by step on this forum for dealing with jets and spacer issues. The directions are impeccable. I still have the stock spacer and jets since the bike runs out fine as is, but, if I decide I need to monkey with the carb, I know I can.

All in all, if it can be fixed, someone on this site will post the step by step. And if needed (like electrical), dumb it down enough for a Harley mechanic like me to understand...  Roll Eyes I know the obscure stuff. I leave the important stuff to Max or Greg to figure out.
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/11/24 at 07:48:20

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Dial-a-Jet

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!