Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cold Blooded? (Read 1 times)
McSavage
Ex Member

Cold Blooded?
04/02/05 at 10:13:42

Hello all. I have had my savage for about two weeks. It's a 95 and I just had the vaccuum hose replaced cuz the bike kept dying on me. After replacing the hose it has been running fine. I usually let it warm up for about five minutes in the morning but I was in a hurry today so I fired it up and took off. About a block down the road it started to dye on me like it used to before I fixed the hose. I had a hard time getting it started again. Once I was able to get it started and keep it running I let it run for a couple minutes. I was then able to get to work with no problems. I guess I'm asking if this is common? And if maybe that little glitch was due to me not letting it warm up. Thanks for any responses. This is a great site.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Re: Cold Blooded?
Reply #1 - 04/02/05 at 11:21:47

Was the temp cold?  Did you use the choke?  If so, how long?

IP Logged
McSavage
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/02/05 at 11:33:45

Don't know if it was cold. The low last night was around 34 degrees. I usually don't use the choke unless I need to and I didn't need to it started right up. I know very little about bikes. Like I said this is my first bike and I've only had it for a about two weeks. It was probably around 50 degrees this morning.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #3 - 04/02/05 at 11:39:08

So maybe the temp was in the mid 40's?  Try using the choke at the first notch for a couple miles if you don't want to wait for it to warm up idling.  Just remember to turn it off, or it will start acting wierd in a different way....

Yes, the Savage is cold-blooded.

IP Logged
rkutzner
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/02/05 at 14:39:01

Right on.  When it is between 25 and 40 I start it with the choke fully out then immediatly put the choke to the halfway setting.  I don't ever have to warm up the bike that way, I just push in the choke a couple miles down the road.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 22:57:52

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Cold Blooded?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.