Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ride to work (Read 7 times)
Nightrain
Ex Member

Ride to work
03/30/05 at 09:02:25

Got to ride the savage to work today  Grin. 22 miles on the expressway at 65mph and the savage performed like a champ. The jetting changes that I made this winter make the savage a different bike. I am running a 152.5 main with a stock pipe and she'll cruise at 70 no problem. Once I swap out to a sporty pipe, I think I may have to jump up to the 155 main to see if I can get some more top end.

IP Logged
bobo383
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Neck=Red

Arlington, TX
Re: Ride to work
Reply #1 - 03/30/05 at 14:34:33

I've hit 92 with my sporty pipe and 155 main.  That's it though, no more.

I noticed a midrange boost after adding the sportster pipe, but not much difference in top end.  Good luck and let us know.

Arlington Texas
Used to have 98 & 88 Savages
  IP Logged
Nightrain
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/30/05 at 15:44:19

If you look straight down the throat your sporty pipe (off the bike of course) could you see any light? I have 2 of them. On one you can see light and on one you cant.
Of course dont remove  your pipe, I was just wondering if you remember. Oh yeah, and are you running a K&N?
thanks

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #3 - 03/30/05 at 15:52:54

Finally got some good weather today and got a short ride in. I was able to get the scoot up to 80mph, ran out of road and nerve. Felt that there was some left, wasn't at full throttle. The 152.5 main and sportster muffler has made a big difference. Must be close to being right where it should be, couldn't get it to backfire like it used to Sad, just an occasional small fart. The header pipe has started to turn back to yellow from blue. I thought that once the pipe was blue it stayed. Ride Safe

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
bobo383
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Neck=Red

Arlington, TX
Reply #4 - 03/30/05 at 17:25:45

Cannot see light thru the sportster muffler, I remember from when I put it on.  

There appears to be a plug or slug in the middle that could be knocked out, making the muff more of a glass pack straight-thru kind of deal.  I haven't tried it cause it runs so well as is.

Still running the stock airbox & filter for now.

Very seldom do I get anything that resembles a backfire anymore, except when I need to switch to reserve.

Too bad the bike don't run like this from the factory.

Arlington Texas
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #5 - 03/30/05 at 18:39:13

bobo383 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
Cannot see light thru the sportster muffler, I remember from when I put it on.  

There appears to be a plug or slug in the middle that could be knocked out, making the muff more of a glass pack straight-thru kind of deal.  I haven't tried it cause it runs so well as is.

Still running the stock airbox & filter for now.

Very seldom do I get anything that resembles a backfire anymore, except when I need to switch to reserve.

Too bad the bike don't run like this from the factory.

can you say [glow=red,2,300]TREE HUGGERS [/glow]

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
bobo383
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Neck=Red

Arlington, TX
Reply #6 - 03/30/05 at 19:13:47

My family is a timber & sawmilling family.  If I hug trees it's because they smell like money to me.

The tree huggers can't stand it.

Arlington Texas
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 21:44:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Ride to work

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!