Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hand Grips (Read 12 times)
Schmear
Ex Member

Hand Grips
03/18/05 at 14:10:33

???

I am new to biking but I just bought a 1995 savage and it is missing the right hand grip. I am interested in the Kuryakyn hand grips but I do not know which size I need. Please help!

IP Logged
Schmear
Ex Member

Re: Hand Grips
Reply #1 - 03/18/05 at 14:44:28

help?

IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Reply #2 - 03/18/05 at 16:41:49

One Inch.   The bars are one inch in diameter.  

Now, you need to make sure you're getting grips that are made to slip over the throttle sleeve.  

Some grips are made for Harley (and other bikes?) and may have the throttle sleeve built into it.  I have not been able to discern if an HD throttle sleeve will fit the LS650.  It may work but I'm not going to be the first guy to jump in that pool.

The LS650 throttle sleeve has a series of ribs molded long it's length.  You'll need to remove the ribs.  I did mine by taking a coarse file and placing the throttle sleeve in a vise and filing.  It took about 5 minutes.  Other people have done that while it's on the bike, but it makes a mess and little bits of plastic will get everywhere.

Good Luck and post pics.  Wink

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Reply #3 - 03/18/05 at 16:45:39

BTW, if this message was posted in Rubber Side Down, you'd have had a half dozen repsonses by now.  The Market Place is for buying and selling only.

Just a Tip.   BTW,  Welcome to the Forum.

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #4 - 03/18/05 at 23:27:12

Gitarzan's right.  This should be in Rubber Side Down.  The correct Kuryakyn grips are the 6240's. Be advised, that adhesive is wickedly good at it's job, so be sure you get it right the first time.  I love the grips though.  I got mine on eBay for about $40 I think.  The local stealership wanted around $60.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Schmear
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 03/19/05 at 02:06:21

Thanks for the replies.  I am still trying to get the idea of where all these posts belong. I thought that this section would be it but I guess I was wrong.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 03:37:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Hand Grips

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.