Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Re: The modern "biker"...
Reply #31 - 03/27/05 at 08:33:35

I got tired of going out to the garage to stare at the bike, instead I've set a picture of it up as the background on my computer. Grin

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #32 - 03/27/05 at 19:14:43

Ed L. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
I got tired of going out to the garage to stare at the bike, instead I've set a picture of it up as the background on my computer. Grin

not the same for me, it's kinda like looking at a picture of piece of pie. just not good enough  Grin

but then again i do have it on the desktop, and visit it at midnite.  that's when i get the best ideas, and do the work

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #33 - 03/28/05 at 12:35:51

PerrydaSavage wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
Oh yeah ... and I do go out to the shed to stare at my Bike from time-to-time!

But do you talk to him/her? Everyone knows they like to be talked to/ cooed over. Just like plants...  Grin

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #34 - 03/28/05 at 14:28:25

8)Yeah Susan ... I give "her" seat a pat and whisper, (wouldn't want my wife to hear me, lest she think I'm totally nuts ... that, or having an affair Wink) "Not long 'til Spring now old girl!"

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Toadie
Ex Member

Reply #35 - 03/28/05 at 16:24:28

Sprog and the Blast get talked to at least once a day if not more.  They all have their own personalities and quirks you know.  The Blast gets down right nasty if it is ignored.   Sprog on the other hand just sits there happily glistening in the sun waiting for his turn to go.  Toadie

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #36 - 03/28/05 at 17:36:50

I slip out in the garage making sure the bike is still there, sitting on it, just checking it out. I even like the smell of it Grin. The picture of my savage as background is just so I don't spend all day in the garage. I don't consiter myself a "biker", still too new at riding to claim that title, when asked I just say I enjoy riding.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #37 - 03/28/05 at 17:48:25

I don't consiter myself a "biker", still too new at riding to claim that title, when asked I just say I enjoy riding.

i ask you this ed, When giving the choice, would you choose your bike over your cage? does it bum you out that it's raining and you have to drive? do you talk more about your bike than your car?
if you answered yes to two out of three, then you are a "biker", maybe a newbee but a biker none the less.  Grin

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #38 - 03/28/05 at 18:22:06

Well if given a choice I would have to say yes to all three of the questions. Thanks for the vote of confidence. Second time out I rode twenty miles with three busted ribs after a crash because I didn't want to leave the bike by the side of the road. Maybe a fourth question should be asked, "Are you willing to do whatever is needed to ride the bike home?". Still feel that I need more time in the saddle before I'll carry the "biker" tag but that will come. Ride Safe, Ed L.

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #39 - 03/28/05 at 18:46:59

Leave my bike by the side of the road?? Are you kidding?! Not if I can help it. When I took a spill far from home last summer, I was riding alone and I didn't even think about calling my husband. I was pretty beat up (busted a few things on the bike too) but I rode home and THEN called my husband... Badge of honor to get home if you can. Felt good!

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #40 - 03/28/05 at 20:12:54

sluggo wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
i ask you this ed, When giving the choice, would you choose your bike over your cage? does it bum you out that it's raining and you have to drive?....
It was raining this morning.  Not hard, more of a mist than a rain.  As I stood there the drops got a little larger, threatening to actually get me wet.    Looked at the sky, a uniform grey but slightly darker toward work -- probably real rain between me and the Barn.   I don't have a rain suit and I would be arriving to work soaking wet if I took Gun.  Considered getting a change of clothes to carry to work, but that would make me late and I had to meet with the movers ASAP.  So I took the Beast.

Needless to say, the rain cleared by noon and it was a lovely afternoon for a ride home.   If I had a bike.

WWW   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #41 - 03/28/05 at 20:16:36

Paladin. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
It was raining this morning.  Not hard, more of a mist than a rain.  As I stood there the drops got a little larger, threatening to actually get me wet.    Looked at the sky, a uniform grey but slightly darker toward work -- probably real rain between me and the Barn.   I don't have a rain suit and I would be arriving to work soaking wet if I took Gun.  Considered getting a change of clothes to carry to work, but that would make me late and I had to meet with the movers ASAP.  So I took the Beast.

Needless to say, the rain cleared by noon and it was a lovely afternoon for a ride home.   If I had a bike.

[glow=red,2,300]"BIKER" [/glow]

IP Logged
Red_Wine

Chain-drive, 400cc
Black Savage in
Chile

Santiago, Chile
Reply #42 - 03/29/05 at 11:00:01

Still feel that I need more time in the saddle before I'll carry the "biker" tag but that will come. Ride Safe, Ed L.

You're a biker no matter how many hours of riding time your clock has, it's not the hours, but the attitude.
It's like fighter pilots, they are pilots since they get their first solo flight, after that, it's just the type of aircraft they fly...
Myself flies a 400cc, chain drive Savage  Grin

KTRSD,

RW

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 23:05:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › The modern "biker"...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.