Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ebay Etiquette (Read 5 times)
Nightrain
Ex Member

Ebay Etiquette
03/23/05 at 13:41:26

There have been a few posts by newbies looking for specific savage Items. Personally, I frequent eBay and other parts forums all day long.  Is it right to post a link to an eBay item, here on this forum. There are 2 arguments.
1. Say for example, a regular user of this board is eyeballing a specific item on eBay. Is it right for me to just post a link and possibly ruin that person’s chance of winning the auction? I don’t want to be responsible for being a monkey in someone’s wrench.
2. If I just sit back and don’t mention that I know about an item that someone may be looking for, then perhaps someone else (not of this forum) may win it.
Is there a law about this?

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Re: Ebay Etiquette
Reply #1 - 03/23/05 at 13:49:36

my thoughts are.

all's fair in love, war, and e-bay. Roll Eyes

i wouldn't post a link to something i know someone from this forum is looking for, send an instant message to them in private. this way you won't spoil it.

if you get in a bidding war with someone from here, assess how bad you need the part and take it from there.

and finally if you have something to sell,. list it here first for a few days, then it's off to e-bay

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Nightrain
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/23/05 at 14:00:23

The problem is, I would never know if anyone here is eyeballing something. Unless of course they posted it.  I always like to help those in need (Ive been there) but on the same token, I dont want to piss somone off either. I think your right about the P.M. thing. That way at least the dirty laundry wont be public.  Grin

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #3 - 03/23/05 at 14:28:11

Nightrain wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
The problem is, I would never know if anyone here is eyeballing something. Unless of course they posted it.  I always like to help those in need (Ive been there) but on the same token, I dont want to piss somone off either. I think your right about the P.M. thing. That way at least the dirty laundry wont be public.  Grin

i've found that many here post in the market place as they look on e-bay, so that may help

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #4 - 03/23/05 at 15:38:18

Maybe we are looking at it backwards, if somebody needs a part they should post it here, maybe in the marketplace. Then anybody who has the part can contact the person. If it is spotted on e-bay then you can let the person looking for the part know that it is there. I'm not into fighting for a part that somebody else probably needs more than I do but all is fair when it comes to E-bay. just my thoughts on it. Smiley

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
CONNIE

Reply #5 - 03/23/05 at 18:59:15

nightrain.
I want to thank you for helping me ,
e-bay is a bidding war alway has been alway will . that why it there !  like the guy said all is fair in love and bidding .... it all in that you want and how much you are wanting to spend. I get out bidded all the time.
I don't think any one is going to be mad at you .... I'm not !!!
Connie

IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Reply #6 - 03/24/05 at 15:15:59

There's no rule about this at all.
This forum is this forum and auctions are auctions.

Many of us hold back on items bid upon by fellows here or make our own intentions known as a courtesy to forum friends, but there is no real rule.

If you GOTTA have it, bid on it.

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 20:45:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Ebay Etiquette

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.