Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Savage versus the truck... (Read 3 times)
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Savage versus the truck...
03/22/05 at 00:11:17

Neither is in good shape. Both leak oil like it's going out of style. Can't keep air in any of the tires.
Savage sips gas. Truck gulps it. Savage seats one. truck seats 2, 3 if you are really good friends. Bike can't carry any cargo. Truck can carry over a ton of junk. Truck is rusty. Bike is filthy. Both are unusual.

Can only keep one around as a project. Bike sux for winter use. Truck sux year round. Bike parts are pricey. truck parts are cheap.

Listed the truck on its forum today. Dodge collectors are nuttier than we are.

Where'd I put the Savage snomobile conversion parts? Hope the truck goes to a good home...
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
DangMan
2005 No Login

Thump thump thump

Denmark
Re: Savage versus the truck...
Reply #1 - 03/22/05 at 07:05:38

No offence, but by the way you describe the truck... inst it best to let i retire  Roll Eyes It sounds like it has pulled its load long enugh, but it sounds like the savage is inside reach to make a decent mashine out of it  Grin

WWW   IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #2 - 03/22/05 at 08:38:42

Yea, sounds like the decision I had to make last year with my old street rod. The car was sitting for almost 10 years and would of cost way more to get it back on the road than I was willing to spend. So after almost 20 years I sold the old girl and flipped around and bought my '02 Savage. Guess what,I'm glad I did, hope you will feel the same after your truck is gone. Ride Safe

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Nightrain
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/22/05 at 08:43:31

Let me guess.... Lil' Red Express?

IP Logged
Nightrain
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 03/22/05 at 08:51:00

I actually have the same problem with the rod. I have a 1963 buick riviera that I restored 6 years ago and havent driven in 4 years. It is sitting at my mothers house collecting dust. It would make a nice cruiser but dont have the time or resources that I used to. Once the House, Truck, Bike & Girlfirend get paid there isn't much left to be restoring old cars. Maybe someday when I hit that scratch ticket  Grin. Anyone want to make me an offer? Cha-ching....$$$$$$

IP Logged
bentwheel
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ride free, citizen

Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Reply #5 - 03/22/05 at 08:52:07

A few months ago I also had to make a decision on Savage versus other toy. The Savage beat out a four year old  BMW.

Bentwheel FSO
2006 Suzuki 650 V-Strom
1977 Yamaha XS360
1972 Honda CL175
  IP Logged
Oklahoma_Mike
2005 No Login

With two on the
ground love can be
found

Tulsa Oklahoma Area
Reply #6 - 03/22/05 at 09:59:15

With gas higher than a cats a**  Shocked Shocked Shocked Angry Angryforget the truck. If it keeps going up it may me a Savage/Swinn question. ??? ??? :'(
8)

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #7 - 03/22/05 at 16:29:15

I'm riding the Savage and let a one-owner '77 K2500 go.

WWW   IP Logged
bobo383
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Neck=Red

Arlington, TX
Reply #8 - 03/22/05 at 17:18:39

K2500, a 4wd Chevy?  

The more the merrier.  I have a 64 Impala, a 65 LeSabre, the Savage, an XR500, a 2004 Impala, and a 2004 Suburban.  All are in good running shape and the wife and I usually make full circle every week splitting up the driving amongst the vehicles.  

I'd love to see a pic of the 63 Riv, Nighttrain.

Went shopping for another bike today.  We're keeping the Savage - wife has assumed control of it.  My XR500 will probably get sold/traded for a street bike.

Arlington Texas
Used to have 98 & 88 Savages
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #9 - 03/22/05 at 17:23:44

GMC. 400 small block, sierra nevada trim 8400#GVWR, 7.5 mpg on a good day

WWW   IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #10 - 03/22/05 at 21:10:00

69 D100. Less than 100,000 miles on it. 318 and automatic. 8.5 mpg rolling downhill with a tailwind. My 49 Dodge with 338K miles gets 21-25 mpg on those all too rare occasions I can con it into starting (usually once a decade or so, scares the mice out of the seat).

Figured I didn't need 3 trucks, 5 cars, a jeep (1946), 3 boats, and 2 bikes. Next to go are the VW Bugs, the CJ2A, and the ski-boat.
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #11 - 03/22/05 at 21:32:24

WD wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
69 D100. Less than 100,000 miles on it. 318 and automatic. 8.5 mpg rolling downhill with a tailwind. My 49 Dodge with 338K miles gets 21-25 mpg on those all too rare occasions I can con it into starting (usually once a decade or so, scares the mice out of the seat).

Figured I didn't need 3 trucks, 5 cars, a jeep (1946), 3 boats, and 2 bikes. Next to go are the VW Bugs, the CJ2A, and the ski-boat.
-WD

you've got bugs em  tell me about them,  i've had several  and look to get another one.  

the savage is the ""bug" of the motorcycle world

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #12 - 03/22/05 at 21:42:53

67 regular beetle, needs engine work. 72 Super Beetle, needs complete undercarriage overhaul. Both bugs, the CJ2A, one truck, and the ski boat are still in TN.

Figured I'd redo the 72; twin carb engine, big bore kit, very expensive mags, chrome delete (California style), open exhaust, cherry interior, same orange as the Savage were already in place when we picked it up. Really just needs a fuel pump and suspension bushings.

The 67 has a nice shell, okay interior,perfect underside. The powertrain is scrap.

I'll see if they are still there if you really want them. I know my father in law wants them gone. He paid good money for them, had trouble, I gave him a dollar a piece for them.
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #13 - 03/22/05 at 21:54:50

WD wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
67 regular beetle, needs engine work. 72 Super Beetle, needs complete undercarriage overhaul. Both bugs, the CJ2A, one truck, and the ski boat are still in TN.

Figured I'd redo the 72; twin carb engine, big bore kit, very expensive mags, chrome delete (California style), open exhaust, cherry interior, same orange as the Savage were already in place when we picked it up. Really just needs a fuel pump and suspension bushings.

The 67 has a nice shell, okay interior,perfect underside. The powertrain is scrap.

I'll see if they are still there if you really want them. I know my father in law wants them gone. He paid good money for them, had trouble, I gave him a dollar a piece for them.
-WD

i've got a good power train from a 65.  um..

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Oklahoma_Mike
2005 No Login

With two on the
ground love can be
found

Tulsa Oklahoma Area
Reply #14 - 03/23/05 at 10:06:16

I’ve got a 1969 8) bug I need to get rid of. It is a link pin disks brake front with IFS rear Shocked. The front has custom extended shock towers and long travel shocks. It is a baja bug with one piece flip up front end. It has a spun aluminum fuel cell. Full roll cage, aluminum dash panel, aluminum cross lace rims with brand-new all terrain tires. needless to say it is a custom ride.

Any Intrust?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 21:44:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Savage versus the truck...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.