Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
NEVER use UPS!!!! (Read 2 times)
LondonThing
2005 No Login

London UK
NEVER use UPS!!!!
03/13/05 at 03:04:32

Well dont know if you remember, I managed to get myself a complete new engine, only done 20,000 Kilometers!! Well UPS collected it from Manchester, heading to me in Hereford, It got half an hour down the road to the manchester office and was 'Smashed open' YES!!! SHASHED?!?!?! Now im not a physics professor, but you would have to probably trow of a cliff to smash the whole gearbox open wouldnt you, on top of that they lost it, then found it again, now they have lost it and Im having trouble contacting them, CAN IT GET ANY WORSE? I have been waiting for a new engine for ---6 YEARS!--- yes Iv had this little project on and off for 6 years! sorry to go on so much, but you can imagine my stress right now! Smiley ChrisF..

IP Logged
DangMan
2005 No Login

Thump thump thump

Denmark
Re: NEVER use UPS!!!!
Reply #1 - 03/13/05 at 03:59:57

One word - DANG -

Do they cover the damages or do you have to pay for it yourself, I couldent imgaine that there is much engine left other than spare parts  Angry

WWW   IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Reply #2 - 03/13/05 at 04:30:54

Chris,

That sucks, mightily.

The Guitar forums are always chock-a-block with UPS horror storys.

UPS can do that.  However, I suspect that the packaging by the sender might also be under par.

However, It's a 2.5 hour drive.   I'd have picked it up myself.

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/europe.adp?do=prt&mo=ma&2si=gaz&1gi=0&un=m...

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #3 - 03/13/05 at 16:08:41

I am in the middle of lost box from a Texas rider who had a rear wheel and a nice selection of other left over parts. FedEx managed to get it on a van headed east instead of north and lost it. The shipped still hasn't been paid for the lost items, they seem to want to haggle over the value $50.00. not have I been paid the the parts and shipping $75. I believe the shipper is working on a solution but this started in early December. I have never had the USPS lose a package yet, damage some yes but pay of they were insured they did (other than broken picture glass), Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #4 - 03/15/05 at 18:03:37

Had my helmet stolen week before last.  Order a replacement from Bike Bandit, five days later find out they didn't have it in stock and are still waiting to receive it themselves.  Canceled, ordered from Helmet Runner in Spokane.  He shipped the next day, but it is taking a leisurely 4,900 mile tour of the country rather than the 1330 mile direct route:

(editted to correct mileage)

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #5 - 03/16/05 at 05:13:05

Anyone ever seen The Pet Detective?  There has to be some truth in the opening scenes when Jim Carey is delivering a package....

Got any pics of the damage to the engine?

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #6 - 03/16/05 at 07:43:58

I just had an interesting experience with DHL this past week.  I purchased an item on Ebay.  It was picked up by DHL  at 3:33 pm on the 9th, in Pheonix AZ.  It arrived in West Columbia , SC (20 miles from my door) at 7:30 am on the 11th....just 30 hours.  Then, my package sits on the shelf at the local office here until the  15th  before they deliver it......5 days!!!!!  
Now, during the process I was tracking it online, so when it was shelved I called to ask why it is not being delivered.  The answer was just too good to be true.  It was not delivered until the 15th because that was the ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATE, and for "ground delivery"  items it is  "POLICY"  that they cannot be delivered before the projected date....????WHAT????HELLO!!!??
NOW IS THAT CUSTOMER SERVICE OR WHAT????????

I did call and email DHL to thank them for the clarification of their policy and that in the future I would never consider using their service again.  I prefer to use a service that actually believes that they are in business to  get a package to a customer as soon as possible.

You know, sometimes there are things that just defy rational thought.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #7 - 03/16/05 at 10:22:16

LANCER wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
I just had an interesting experience with DHL this past week.  I purchased an item on Ebay.  It was picked up by DHL  at 3:33 pm on the 9th, in Pheonix AZ.  It arrived in West Columbia , SC (20 miles from my door) at 7:30 am on the 11th....just 30 hours.  Then, my package sits on the shelf at the local office here until the  15th  before they deliver it......5 days!!!!!  
Now, during the process I was tracking it online, so when it was shelved I called to ask why it is not being delivered.  The answer was just too good to be true.  It was not delivered until the 15th because that was the ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATE, and for "ground delivery"  items it is  "POLICY"  that they cannot be delivered before the projected date....????WHAT????HELLO!!!??
NOW IS THAT CUSTOMER SERVICE OR WHAT????????

I did call and email DHL to thank them for the clarification of their policy and that in the future I would never consider using their service again.  I prefer to use a service that actually believes that they are in business to  get a package to a customer as soon as possible.

You know, sometimes there are things that just defy rational thought.

I have observed the exact same behavior from Fedex.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #8 - 03/16/05 at 12:49:08

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
I have observed the exact same behavior from Fedex.

it's all about the bucks.  buy letting it sit there, they were able to deliver the higher priced packages that came in and sheduled for next day delivery. remember there are only so many trucks and drivers. if the truck is full of overnight stuff ground waits until it "has" to be delivered.  it's a simple business model. one you may not like. but one that balances cost of delivery vs profit.

what you are talking about is the biggest problem with online tracking. you of course are only concerned with the package you purchased. it's the company's concern  how to deliver everbody's package, and still make a profit.

it's always been this way, just since the advent of online tracking has it become a "percieved" problem by a society that needs it's instant gratification.

i worked in video tape duplication and went though the same conversations with the receptionist. she didn't see why when a customer came in on monday and wanted a transfer done by friday. why i didn't just do it right away rather than waiting till thursday. if i did it right away, i wouldn't be able to take in a higher priced/priorty jpb than needs to be done on tuesday morning. i made a little money on the friday order, but i made a boatload on the one that needed it overnight.

same principal applies to the freight business.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Nightrain
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 03/16/05 at 13:08:20

He worked in video tape duplication doing illegal bootlegs of old Ron Jeremy films.  Grin

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #10 - 03/16/05 at 13:34:42

Nightrain wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
He worked in video tape duplication doing illegal bootlegs of old Ron Jeremy films.  Grin

actually not so far off base.  i've got tracy lords first and second appearances.  Shocked Embarrassed

i did alot of work with old "A" list actors. i won't name drop here.  but milton berle's family took my call when he died several years ago.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Nightrain
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 03/16/05 at 13:44:24

You are "The Man"   8)  I was actually just joking around but your comeback is a lot cooler than my insult.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 02:14:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › NEVER use UPS!!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.