Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I think my plans for the Savage will change... (Read 7 times)
erik
Ex Member

I think my plans for the Savage will change...
03/04/05 at 08:15:58

I originally bought it a week ago for the wife so we could sell the 2003 Vstar.  She doesn't think much of the Savage as it's not as comfortable or refined - kind of like going from a new Honda Accord to a used Cavalier.
That's fine, because I REALLY LIKE THIS BIKE! it is the perfect second bike to my Honda Valkyrie; they are both oddballs - 1 vs 6 cylinders, and they simply couldnt be any different in every respect.  The Savage is an awesomely fun bike to ride around town and the Valk is perfect for 2-up and longer highway rides.
I guess my attempt at saving money has backfired, as I don't want to sell the Savage, even though I could make an easy $400.  Maybe the coolest thing about this bike is it's simplicity and the fact that if I don't get accessory-stupid it will always be worth the $1800 I spent on it 1998 model with 4,500 miles in perf condition with saddlebags and backrest - yeah, I stole it!  Grin

IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Re: I think my plans for the Savage will change...
Reply #1 - 03/04/05 at 09:39:17

That  was a good deal.  8)

Savages are few enough and far enough between, that no one can call you typical.

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #2 - 03/04/05 at 13:13:38

The "left-of center" appeal of the Savage (S40) will always make it unique in motorcycle circles and  will always make it attractive to those of us who "spin against the groove" ...
Vive le Sauvage!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #3 - 03/04/05 at 14:47:00

erik wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
....I REALLY LIKE THIS BIKE! it is the perfect second bike to my Honda Valkyrie; they are both oddballs - 1 vs 6 cylinders, and they simply couldnt be any different in every respect.  The Savage is an awesomely fun bike to ride around town and the Valk is perfect for 2-up and longer highway rides.
I guess my attempt at saving money has backfired.... Grin
You will be saving money with the Savage as you will be putting less wear and tear on the Valkyrie.  City miles can rack up quickly -- I've done 1200 miles in four foul months just commuting to work (4 miles one way) and local errands.

As with anything, the endearing traits of the Savage are also what people dislike about it.  Where one person sees a light, agile, powerful, basic ride another see uncomfortable and unrefined.   No bike will suit everyone, no bike can do everything.

Don't have two bikes of totally different personallities, but we did have  two cars.

WWW   IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #4 - 03/04/05 at 15:53:29

Love the tale of two cars, kind of like the difference between a chromed out sportster or a rat bike, which one would you be more afraid of at a stop light. Ride safe

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #5 - 03/04/05 at 20:34:12

LEFT OF CENTER?
I DON'T THINK SO!
THE SAVAGE IS FAR RIGHT FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU CAN EVEN FEEL IT AS YOU RIDE...IT ALWAYS BEARS RIGHT..........

IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Reply #6 - 03/04/05 at 20:50:31

LANCER wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
IT ALWAYS BEARS RIGHT..........

That must be why you don't see them on the dirt tracks.

8)

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/07/24 at 12:03:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › I think my plans for the Savage will change...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.