Send Topic Print
Old Thumper Ale (Read 10 times)
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Old Thumper Ale
03/01/05 at 17:22:25

On tap, of course.  Requires a tag for that tap.  The tap is about the same diameter as a Savage fork, which makes for a handy place to mount it:

WWW   IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: Old Thumper Ale
Reply #1 - 03/01/05 at 17:45:03

Don't know about the tag but I'd give the ale a go - where does one find such a fine brew?

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #2 - 03/01/05 at 19:45:43

138 CHRISTCHURCH ROAD, RINGWOOD, HAMPSHIRE, BH24 3AP, ENGLAND.

If you enjoy the flavor of beer you owe yourself a trip to England.  I went in the early '80's for about 5 weeks.  Bought a motorcycle (sold it back after 5 weeks, much cheaper than renting anything) and spent nights in Bed and Breakfast inns -- generally Public Houses.  Have a couple of pints of the local brew with dinner and wobble off to bed.

This thread was supposed to be in General -- my aim is a lot better with iron sights.

WWW   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #3 - 03/02/05 at 03:20:56

Paladin that "Old Thumper" plaque looks really cool! Gives your thumper a unique look for sure!
I too am a beer lover and spent 2 weeks in Scotland back in '89 ... it was there that I learned to appreciate the lovely brown ales of the UK ... Newcastle, Double Diamond, Guiness and Smithwicks are some of my favourites ... never got to try "Old Thumper" though ...
I notice the plaque describes the brew as "extra strong" at 5.6% alcohol by volume ... well, here in Canada, that's not really considered "extra strong" ... most of our regular beers are at 5.0%, some are at 6.0% and Molson's markets a beer called Maximum Ice that's 7.0% ... after a few of those, you "wobble" indeed!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #4 - 03/02/05 at 05:49:38

You also have bitter beer, which is something I miss.

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #5 - 03/02/05 at 05:51:09

Back in the 80's in Vancouver and nearby areas of B.C., there was something everyone referred to as "high-test" though I believe the name was actually O'Keefe's Extra Old Stock or something like that.  I think it was technically a malt liquor but it tasted more like an ale to me at the time.  We went through a bunch of that stuff.

Oh, why did this thread show up in The Marketplace?

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Reply #6 - 03/02/05 at 10:22:57

I ordered a couple of their Tshirts a few months ago:

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=RubberSideDown;action=display;n...

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Reply #7 - 03/02/05 at 10:24:10

Paladin. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
You also have bitter beer, which is something I miss.

That's why I drink a tad bit of India Pale Ale.

IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Reply #8 - 03/02/05 at 10:25:30

Reelthing wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
Don't know about the tag but I'd give the ale a go - where does one find such a fine brew?

Search Google for Ringwood Brewery.  They have an online store.

And they do brew it now in the US market.

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #9 - 03/04/05 at 18:32:32

8)Whoa git! An India Pale Ale used to be the brand of suds here in Nfld. back in the 60's ... A Nfld. brewed India Pale won a couple of international awards years ago I believe ... my Dad used to drink it way-back-when ...

http://www.newfoundlandbeer.com/

If y'all are interested in obscure micro-brewed suds, check out the above link. Quidi Vidi is a small fishing village just minutes from downtown St. John's and is home to a fabulous brewery that markets several unique brands to Eastern Canada ... 1892 is a lovely old-world style brown ale.

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Reply #10 - 03/04/05 at 20:43:26

Perry,

That's makes my mouth water.  I had to go grab a brew.

It's a Red Hook IPA, OK, but not spectacular.

Right now Pyramid IPA is my favorite.
http://www.pyramidbrew.com/beer/beerguide.php?b=ipa
Good Stuff. Hoppy and Bright. Crisp.

Other preferred brews in regular rotation at my house are Guiness Stout, Heineken, Newcastle Nut Brown Ale, Pilsner Urquel, Weihenstephaner Kristallweissbier (or any Weihenstephaner brew) and XB Bluebird Bitter.

Sam Adams Scotch Ale is another real favorite, but no one around here stock it, or SA quit making it  :'(  I look for it darn near every time, but no luck for about 5 years now.

My Fav domestic p i s s beer is is good old Rolling Rock. "33".  It's my Kool-Aid during the summer.  

And when there's nothing else but Bud or Miller...

It's Miller.

Cheers!  Ya Sure Ya Betcha!  "33"

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #11 - 03/04/05 at 22:01:55

Izmir, Turkey, 1968.  U.S. Air Force base, Rod & Gun Club.  Stocked Budwieser, Coors, and Schlitz.  The Budwieser went first, then the Coors, finally we would drink the Schlitz.  When you're out of Schiltz, you're out of beer.

WWW   IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Reply #12 - 03/04/05 at 22:26:01

Schlitz.  I remember when that was the #2 beer in the US.  Big name.  About 1972-73 they called in some efficiently experts who reformulated it to cost less. It also tasted less.  It became funky slime about the quality of Busch.  

Similar thing happened to Stroh's.  It used to be made in Detroit only. I loved it. Then they bought out Pabst, I believe, and closed down Detroit.  It's never tasted the same since.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #13 - 03/04/05 at 23:54:53

San Miguel in the PI (back when we still had Subic)... ahhhh the memories.  Currently, I am more of a Fosters fan.  So far as domestics go, I guess it'd be Miller Lite.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #14 - 03/05/05 at 12:54:29

Current favorite and has been for years is Lord Chesterfield ale. Started with Tiger Head triple X ale brewed by Balintine (sp?), drank a lot of Coors, Gennie cream and other mouthwash till I found  Lord Chesterfield ale. A good ale is like a good motorcycle, Grin once you have found the right one nothing else comes close Wink. Time grows short, Ride faster my friends.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 17:38:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Old Thumper Ale

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.