Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
I need a flavor (Read 4 times)
Nightrain
Ex Member

I need a flavor
02/28/05 at 08:53:50

I am at work now and need to print out the pics for the forward control templates. Of course my work has an internet blocker and I cant get to this site. I cant figure out why, as it has no problem with this savage site  ??? Can someone Please, Please, Please email me the 2 pictures of the forward control templates. Her is the link for the site. Bitmap would be best so I can change the size.

http://www27.brinkster.com/henkjanpieter/Duitsland.htm

Here is my email.

mcarr(at)Nelliemae(dot)com

I will owe you a PBR  Grin

IP Logged
red2k1
Ex Member

Re: I need a flavor
Reply #1 - 02/28/05 at 09:01:16

Done.

red2k1

Sorry - didn't see bitmapped  -- sending now.

red2k1

IP Logged
Nightrain
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/28/05 at 09:04:46

Got it  Cheesy

I owe you a PBR.

IP Logged
DangMan
2005 No Login

Thump thump thump

Denmark
Reply #3 - 02/28/05 at 12:10:47

Did you get the prints out just right the first time ?

WWW   IP Logged
Nightrain
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/28/05 at 13:04:56

No. As a matter of fact I had to print about 10 times (hence why I need to do it at work  Smiley   )to get it in the ballbark. They look to be correct if I use Microsoft Paint and stretch/skew the image to 270%. I am going to make the brackets out of sheetmetal first, then transfer them to 1/4 or 5/8 steel. I just needed paper to get me started

IP Logged
DangMan
2005 No Login

Thump thump thump

Denmark
Reply #5 - 02/28/05 at 13:37:26

Ok, that was nice to know, that will spare me from to many miss prints  Grin

WWW   IP Logged
DangMan
2005 No Login

Thump thump thump

Denmark
Reply #6 - 03/01/05 at 08:04:34

Just one more thing, can you tell me the height of the left side plate ? Right now im looking for some metal that fits the plate ! Sadly i dont have my bike yet, its still crappy weather here  ???

WWW   IP Logged
Nightrain
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 03/01/05 at 08:15:33

do you mean height from the ground? or the height of the plate? Last night I tried to fit those templates. In my opinion, those are not the best way to go about this. I have decided to scrap those and make my own templates. I think that I can make a better looking and better design of forward controls. I am going with something similar to these.  

But I want my footpegs about 1-2 inches lower than these ones. If you need more legroom, then It makes no sense to strech them out and then raise them up. I am going to have 7" of forward stretch when I am done, still keeping the footpeg the same location from the ground. I am sure that I can get this done for under $200.00 bucks. I plan on posting full directions and photos if you can wait 3-4 weeks. But if you need measurements now, just let me know exactly what you need and I will take care of it tonight.
 Wink

IP Logged
DangMan
2005 No Login

Thump thump thump

Denmark
Reply #8 - 03/01/05 at 11:03:44

Im realy looking foreward to seeing what you come up with  Smiley
Its just a aprox messurement i need, its the hight of the plate  Cheesy

WWW   IP Logged
Nightrain
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 03/01/05 at 11:27:51

No sweat. I'll measure it tonight.

IP Logged
DangMan
2005 No Login

Thump thump thump

Denmark
Reply #10 - 03/01/05 at 13:39:33

Nice

WWW   IP Logged
Nightrain
Ex Member

left side plate
Reply #11 - 03/02/05 at 08:21:43

O.k. I measured the left side plate last night. Keep in mind that I am measuring a plate that doesnt exist yet. All we have is a template. Also keep in mind that the size of the plate is an arbitrary number. once the plate is cut, you can drill the holes wherever you want, so if the plate is 1/2 inch taller than it should be, it wont matter because you will drill the holes in the right spot. According to my calculations, you will need a piece of steel at least 4.5 inches tall by 11" wide. You can cut, drill & grind from there. I havent decided if I amm going to use 1/4" or 5/16" thickness.

IP Logged
DangMan
2005 No Login

Thump thump thump

Denmark
Reply #12 - 03/02/05 at 21:55:17

Tnx my freind  Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
Nightrain
Ex Member

Forward controls
Reply #13 - 03/03/05 at 09:04:14

To re-vist the topic and in fashon with keeping everyone up to speed. I previously stated that I was going to go with a forward control design similar to this:

this will require a moderate amount of fabrication and some welding. Upon futher contemplation and review, I have decided to go with something like these:

this will require no welding, and minimal fabrication. Basically just extension brackets that move all your existing junk forward. Once I have the templates cut, I will offer paper copies to anyone interested for the price of a SASE. That way you get paper and can transfer them over to metal. I should be able to button these up over the weekend.

Cheers Grin

IP Logged
savagethumper
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 03/03/05 at 09:50:50

I'm in love.....who's golden Savage is that?  That is got to be one of the best looking Savage's I've sen in quite a while.  Watch out Sluggo, you have a golden nemesis. Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 22:56:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › I need a flavor

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.