Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
electrical help needed !!! (Read 4 times)
short round
2005 No Login

mid Missouri
electrical help needed !!!
02/27/05 at 00:17:30

OK, my "old timers" has set in. I've had the bike apart for several days since I got sidetracked on other things and I've forgotten - Do the rear turn signals stay on as tail lights on a 2004? I'm in the process of mounting my hard saddlebags that have a combo tail/turn signal light on them. I expieremented and found the wire for the turn signal, and planned on hooking the tail light side to the license plate wire since that would be simpler than messing with the bike's brake/tail light. I also figured it would be safer to lose the license light if something shorted than the brake/tail light.  However, the turn signals have two wires, I think one is a ground? The bags ground goes through a steel frame around the bags as part of the mounting system. So, can I just hook up the hot turn signal wire to one bag wire and the license light to the other bag wire ??? I've already popped one fuse so I'm reluctant to do too much more expierementing. I just printed off Greg-650's tech post on the mysterious electrical system so that will help. Thanks Greg for posting that great info. I don't think I understand a lot of it though since I'm "electrically challenged." So to recap -

1  did the original rear turn signals also serve as tail lights?
2  can I hook the bag turn signal light to the hot turn signal wire and the bag tail light to the license plate light wire? Or is there a better way?

Thanks in advance for your help. When I finish I'll try to post a picture of the bike with the bags on. But I'll have to figure out that process too.

Ron
South Central Missouri
  IP Logged
jbird
Ex Member

Re: electrical help needed !!!
Reply #1 - 02/27/05 at 04:10:58

no they do not stay on all the time

IP Logged
jbird
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/27/05 at 04:13:18

and yes they are your blinkers

IP Logged
Patty
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/27/05 at 04:26:51

One wire is the ground and the other is the wire to make the blinkers work. Doesn't matter where you hook the ground wire to as long as it's a piece of metal on the bike. Hook the blinker wire into the blinker lead.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/16/24 at 20:26:08

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › electrical help needed !!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.