Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Accessory List
01/22/05 at 10:01:55

Sometime ago, Diane suggested we create a place to list/review accessories. If you will all post your accessories in this thread, then I will compile a general list and post it in the technical section for reference. Hoghunter already posted his in Diane's original thread so no need for him to repost unless he wants to repost.  Smiley Here's an example of what I would like from everyone willing to contribute:

Susan's Recommended Accessories:
Memphis Slims Windshield
Tailblazer modulator (flashes tailight when braking)
Highway Hawk footpegs
Kuryakyn ISO hand grips
Kuryakyn Throttle Boss
Custom modified seat (did it myself using gel)
Willie & Max Deluxe Compact Slant Saddlebags

Wouldn't Do Again:
OEM Engine Guard -- decorative only (doesn't guard anything)

Thanks in advance for contributing!  Grin

« Last Edit: 12/08/12 at 13:07:52 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: Accessory List
Reply #1 - 01/26/05 at 20:13:11

Let's see...

Safety first...
BackOFF! Taillight Modulator
and
H4 Xenon Headlight Bulb

Mine had a National Cycle windscreen on it when I bought it and I like it.  I will probably change that to a flyscreen during the summer though.

Love these...
Kuryakyn Universal ISO Grips (6240)

and this...
MAC Muffler (and it fits my 98 just fine, even if it does just say 86-87)

I got this on eBay for $30-$35 and am very satisfied with it though some don't like the look.  (update: I am now suing a .50 cal ammo box instead.  It's a lot smaller.)
TRAVEL TRUNK WITH BACKREST AND SPOILER

So far I am actually only using the front one of these... helps keep my thumper cleaner.
FRONT AND REAR MUD FLAPS

For those longer rides...
GEL-TEC CRUZER MOTORCYCLE CUSHION

If you hate that mushy wobble and rain grooves drive you nuts...
SuperBrace Fork Stabilizer

I don't care for the OEM engine guard either.  I do like this one...
WINGERLINE HIGHWAYBARS

If you don't have one of these, get one soon.  You will use it.
Bungee Cargo Net

These work great too.
Bungee Nuts

I'm not going into accessory riding gear such as neck gators, leather legs, cooling vests, and Camelbaks since that'll probably be a separate thread.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #2 - 01/26/05 at 21:23:12

The Savage is a most versatile little bike.  It morphs to whatever you need.  I needed a lightweight city bike, to commute to work and to go shopping.  For that I needed luggage capacity.  Choices include a luggage rack mounted trunk, leather saddlebags, or hard saddlebags.  I went with LeatherLyke hard saddlebags.  A bit expensive (over $400) but not if they are what you want.  I have a BLog entry detailing the mounting of my saddlebags.

The saddlebags carry my Hat -- without which I cannot appear in public.  For shopping a saddlebag can take a gallon of milk, or a ten pound bag of potatos, or a five-liter box of wine, or a 20 ounce bag of tortilla strips and a pint of salsa.

My other accessory is a National Cycle Flyscreen.  At 9" tall and 9.75" wide it isn't much of a windscreen -- but it blocks just enough wind to keep me comfortable at 75 mph.  About $100 new,  I got mine for less than half of that, used, off eBay,  

WWW   IP Logged
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Reply #3 - 01/27/05 at 02:08:12

I just got and fitted my last two stainless banjo bolts yesterday, so now I have stainless steel braided brake lines front and back with stainless banjos and bolts, recommended.

Clive W  Cheesy

IP Logged
rke
YaBB Newbies
2004 No Login

Netherland
Reply #4 - 01/28/05 at 12:28:27

Ok,

Accessories I would buy again:
1- The fork brace. Improves the steering very much.
2- I've got a bicycle computer on the steer to read the speed and to use it as a tripmaster. It works great.
3- The optimate. I've got a plug under the gastank to connect the optimate. Read more about the optimate here:http://www.accumate.co.uk/it010003.html

Accessoires I wouldn't buy again:
1- The saddlebags. I like a rugsack better.
2- Handlebars. They loose their rubbers.

« Last Edit: 07/12/12 at 21:00:37 by Oldfeller--FSO »  
  IP Logged
marty62253
2004 No Login

N. Massapequa, N.Y.
Reply #5 - 01/29/05 at 09:24:01

FOR THOSE LOOKING FOR A CLEAN LOOK BUT NEED TO CARRY MORE THAN YOUR KEYS..........
SADDLEMEN MAKES A SMALL SISSYBAR BAG WITH NO FRILLS, NOT EVEN A BUCKLE - ABOUT   6 1/2" BY 7" WITH A  VELCRO CLOSURE. - ABOUT $22.00 FROM IRON EAGLE
-REMOVE SMALL SUZUKI PLATE FROM BACK OF SISSY BAR
-REMOVE 2 SCREWS HOLDING PASSENGER BACK PAD
-REMOVE PAD ( FOR NOW)
-PLACE BAG ON TAILIGHT WITH ANY SMALL ITEM (LIGHTER FROM MY POCKET WORKED FINE) UNDER IT TO RAISE IT 1/2 INCH OR SO OFF THE LIGHT ASSEMBLY
-CENTER AGAINST SISSY BAR AND MARK THE BACK OF THE BAG TO LINE UP WITH THE 2 HOLES ON THE SISSY BAR. (JUST STICK AN ICE PICK THROUGH THE HOLES IN THE BAR)
-DRILL    HOLES ON 2 MARKED SPOTS
-GET 2 SCREWS 1/2 INCH LONGER THAN STOCK & 2 FENDER WASHERS
-WITH WASHERS ON SCREWS, INSERT FROM INSIDE BAG...THROUGH DRILLED HOLES...THROUGH HOLES ON SISSY BAR...AND INTO BACK OF PAD.
-REMOVE SPACER FROM UNDER BAG....DONE

*******IF YOU WANT AN EVEN MORE SECURE FIT*****
- BEFORE ATTACHING WITH SCREWS, CUT THE BOTTOM END OF THE BELT LOOP FREE AND LOOP IT OVER THE TOP OF THE SISSY BAR RAIL - MAKE 2 HOLES IN FLAP & BAG AND LACE ON BEFORE PERFORMING ABOVE PROCESS.

-I ALSO REMOVED THE SADDLEMEN PLATE FROM THE FACE OF THE LID
- REPLACED IT WITH A CONCHO LIKE THE ONE ON MY INDIAN'S SISSY BAR
- ADDED SOME LEATHER LACE & BEADS TO COVER THE ORIGINAL RIVET HOLES...TA-DA    
-CAN CARRY A PONCHO, SMALL GROCERIES, A BRUSH OR SMALL POCKETBOOK FOR THE BETTER HALF (WHO WILL BE DRIVING BY NEXT SUMMER) WITH A CLEAN & UNCLUTTERED LOOK
AND GEE - LOOK AT THE BIG INDIAN AND LITTLE SAVAGE ROAMING AROUND TOGETHER....
CUTE!
MARTY

IP Logged
rke
YaBB Newbies
2004 No Login

Netherland
Reply #6 - 01/29/05 at 11:45:52

I Bought this forkbrace in 1989 from Sebring.

I asked a salesman on the motorrai if Sebring could deliver me this forkbrace. Send me the measurements, he sad.
So I did send him the measurements end he send me this frokbrace.

It's worked fine from the first day...

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #7 - 01/29/05 at 12:08:59

Kropatchek,

I got my fork brace at SuperBrace.  It's a tad pricey but it's very high quality and works wonderfully.  I believe it was suggested by TheHogHunter in an earlier thread.  I took a chance on it and I am very pleased with it.

P.S. Even though the web page says it fits 86-87, I figured that there had been no changes in the forks that I could find and it fits my 98 just fine.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Diane
2004 No Login

No matter where you
go, there you are.

Houston, TX
Reply #8 - 02/02/05 at 02:05:43

I'm playing catch up.  Have just been too busy to keep up with all of you for the past month or so.  Here is my accessories so far.  I will come back later and add a link to pictures.

Maier windshield.  Inexpensive and does the job except for a bit of hemet buffeting at highway speeds.  Four hands were necessary for installation.  It looks good from the front but not from the riders seat.  I may buy someting different one day but I'm not in a hurry to do so.
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/ProductDisplay/s-10101/p-3022/c-10111

TourMaster Nylon Saddlebags (medium) and matching fork bag.  I love them!  Good quality nylon and leather trim.  The zip off feature will be great for overnight trips and velcro closure means no messing with buckles.  Small enough for the savage but big enough to hold my half hemet.
http://www.ridegear.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/store/product/F-8875_Nylon_Cruis...

Gas $3.39 a gallon, map $5.95, getting lost on a scenic country road.......... priceless!
2003 Teal Green Savage
Houston, TX
WWW   IP Logged
SuperflyTNT
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 09/01/05 at 22:51:54

Hey, on those Superbrace fork stabilizers, they only list 2001-2003. I have a 97.  Any problems that anyone can forsee?

IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Reply #10 - 09/02/05 at 00:51:17

SuperflyTNT wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
Hey, on those Superbrace fork stabilizers, they only list 2001-2003. I have a 97.  Any problems that anyone can forsee?

None. Brace fits '86 thr 2004.

Greetz
Kropatchek Grin

Check out the post about the Superbrace

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 11:11:08

General CategoryTechnical Documents/Reference › Accessory List

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.