Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
This forums fault part 1 (Read 13 times)
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
This forums fault part 1
01/31/05 at 22:17:26

Well it's been right on 20 years since I owned my last street bikes a '75 RD350 2-stroke and a chopped Yamaha 650 twin. Got the bike bug again a couple months ago and started looking around. Several V's caught my eye but everyone and their brother seem to have those - and several that shouldn't - I watched a guy park his new (paper tag still on it mind you) honda in the garage at work the other day - he pulled in cracking the thing  loud shut it off and leaned way over to flip out the stand, well his  foot was square in the middle of the oil patch in that parking spot and down he and what 600lbs went. I guess the highway bar and pegs saved his leg as nothing was hurt but his pride and a few chrome parts. Two of us helped him get that heavy SOB back up right, about like picking up a small car. Anyway, I was looking a lot on ebay and the internet trying to figure out the cure for this bike bug that bit me and was flip'n and flop'n from model to model, brand to brand and the LS650 Suzuki's started to catch my eye.  A number of write ups say they're great and a number say they're under powered beginner bikes. So I headed off to the dealer to have a look at a '05 S40 and price the out the door cost. Fine looking bike both the black and cream color - but the bottom line with tax and dealer prep and such would be around $5k out the door which was more than I wanted to spend. Plus from what I had read a small wind screen and an aftermarket pipe really helped out- so maybe $5,500 when it was all said and done. I told the salesman I'd think on it a bit and we headed to breakfast at a little place along the interstate. Well I picked up the local free ad paper as we ordered - flip'd over to the motorcycle/atv's and there was a '95 savage for sale great condition it said with 14k miles for $2k. Told my better half would you look at this - she did with one of those side wides looks you know - what was the date on this paper anyway - 1/27 - told her ok after we're done I'll give the number call and if it's close and still for sale let's go have a look. She agreed sort of as I wolfed down the breakfast special (they need to cook the hash browns a bit longer!) with a 3 cup of coffee chaser. So I went outside and called the number - fellow answered up and yes he still had the bike and was only about 20 minutes away - he thought it aok to come have a look and would roll it out and warm it up.  We pulled into the guys drive and there it sat I believe my wife mumbled something and let out a sigh. Well certainly looked in good shape, black with a small windscreen clear on the top that fades to black near the headlight, a U bar with highway pegs, and natural colored engine. So I said to my better half if this thing starts and runs good.... she didn't let me finish and told me to get out of the truck. So I headed to the bike and out walked the owner - that tells me dang i got they fast he had'nt even started it yet and I reached down and felt the motor and sure enough it was cold as the air about 50. He pulled out the choke, pulled in the clutch and hit the button - in 2 maybe 3 seconds the bike came to life with a louder grumble than I expected and idled fast but well - no smoke. So I walked around to the other side and looked at the exhaust - good bit smaller compared to the new S40's I had just looked over and read jardine. The front third of the pipe was a bit gold and the middle was a bit blue as well as the header pipe was a little bit blue. Well I had read on this forum as well as others what caused this so I ask the guy if it backfires much - he tells me it does some but not as much after the guys at the suzuki dealer serviced it last time - I looked at the carb and I can see the mixture screw so I guessed they had richened the idle up a bit - he also told me was time for service again - I asked him what kind of service - "well you know oil and stuff" ...hum.                  

IP Logged
Frost
2004 No Login

Watch out now....

Boston
Re: This forums fault part 1
Reply #1 - 01/31/05 at 22:42:13

and....

'87 Savage Custom
WWW   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #2 - 02/01/05 at 00:19:01

Well Reelthing, cough it up buddy ... don't leave us hangin'!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Reply #3 - 02/01/05 at 04:02:05

@reelthing

To be continued???? ???

Greetz
Kropatchek Grin

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #4 - 02/01/05 at 06:01:23

He can't finish.  He's out riding!

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
cphilip
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 02/01/05 at 06:05:44

He bought it and suddenly his wife got turned on by it and turned into a biker chick, immediately went out and bought some chaps... and a leather Bikini top... and arrived back home and suprised him dressed only in those... just as he was typing the story... and he couldn't finish the story....

(my imagination is better than real life!)

IP Logged
Diane
2004 No Login

No matter where you
go, there you are.

Houston, TX
Reply #6 - 02/01/05 at 06:47:41

And just as the panting and moaning ends she wispers in his ear.............. Honey I want one too!

Gas $3.39 a gallon, map $5.95, getting lost on a scenic country road.......... priceless!
2003 Teal Green Savage
Houston, TX
WWW   IP Logged
cphilip
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 02/01/05 at 11:06:06

Diane wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
And just as the panting and moaning ends she wispers in his ear.............. Honey I want one too!

Excellent!!!!!  Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 00:28:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › This forums fault part 1

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.