Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
SNOW!
01/22/05 at 10:07:32

After a dreary start (lots of rain and no snow), winter is finally kicking in! We are forecast to get between 10-15 inches today and 4-6 tonight. We'll see if it comes true but it is already snowing! Yea! I love a good deep snow from time to time.

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: SNOW!
Reply #1 - 01/23/05 at 03:28:12

Hi Susan ... like where you live, after a slow start, Winter is kicking in here in eastern Nfld. as well ... a howling blizzard yesterday that left over 2 1/2 inches of snow, with another to hit after midnight tonight with another 1 1/2 inches on the way ... and it looks like the fianl week of January is in for more of the same ... yuck!
Bring on Spring!!
Doh!! Me and my faulty conversions ... Yesterday we had 60cms of snow, which is over 2ft, not 2.5" ... and we are supposed to get another foot tonight!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Frost
2004 No Login

Watch out now....

Boston
Reply #2 - 01/23/05 at 07:54:32

over a foot here already with 24" to 30" total when it is all over later today with this storm in the Boston area  Angry

'87 Savage Custom
WWW   IP Logged
Chench53
2004 No Login

"Special
Ed" rocks!

Suffolk VA, formerly NYC NY
Reply #3 - 01/23/05 at 08:19:34

Yeah, here in NY they're still saying it's 12-18" but I can't seem to find anyone to commit to how much we got. I think it looks like about 12" in my neighborhood. I'm in Queens, NY.

Sure is cold tho, doesn't keep the kids off the hill with their sleds. Smiley

Gerry

IP Logged
HotFix
2004 No Login

2001 Savage

Metro Atlanta
Reply #4 - 01/23/05 at 08:35:15

It got below 20 degree last night, but it didn't snow  :'(

The high today is mid 30s and should warm up to mid 50s in a couple of days.

Looks like our Falcons are getting the snow up in PA.

2008 Honda ST1300
2005 Honda VTX 1300 C (sold)
2001 Suzuki Savage (sold)
  IP Logged
Michael

Reply #5 - 01/23/05 at 09:28:48

Perry
....That blizzard is here in New Brunswick as we speak.  I am sending it your way, as a late Christmas present. No need to thank me...it's the least I could do for a fellow Altantic Canadian, and almost Maratimer...lol...we have about 15 cm down now, with another 15 expected tonight......about a foot, when all said and done.  Get your screech ready...you're gonna need it.

This is the third blizzard in 5 days....we had one Tuesday....Thursday...and now sunday....I am sooo tired of shoveling....seems I am spending 2-3 hours every other day.
December was too nice.  I knew we would be punished in January.  The snow in the back yard is close to 4 feet high, and the banks from shoveling are shoulder height.....Oh how I miss our 2 days of summer!

cheers

Michael

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #6 - 01/23/05 at 10:12:31

Thanks Micheal ... your generousity knows no bounds! Yeah, December was so mild here as well ... no snow. In fact the 60cms we got yesterday (see my previous post ... I goofed on the conversions to inches ...) was the first "real" snowfall we've had this season ... another blizzard is forecast for tonight. Where in N.B. do you live? I have a brother who lives in Amherst, N.S. which isn't far from Moncton.

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Michael

Reply #7 - 01/23/05 at 12:28:29

Perry.

LOL.I figured your conversion was a bit off....1 1/2 inches didn't sound like the Newfoundland winters I have heard about....I screw up the conversions also, so don't feel bad.
Still snowing hard here, and 50 km/h winds....supposed to be 90-100 km tonight. Hope the power stays on.....don't know if you remember the infamous ice storm of 98(i think)...we lost power for a week...was H E L L on earth.

I live in St Martins, which is a tourist area/fishing village/shanty town, 45 minutes outside Saint John. I am about 2 1/2 hours from Amherst. ........Haven't been to Newfoundland since I was a child, so don't remember much, but have good friends in Corner Brook.

Some day i hope to get to Newfoundland, and spend a week exploring Gross Mourne National Park (sp)........The pictures I have seen are awesome....

cheers

Michael

IP Logged
bentwheel
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ride free, citizen

Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Reply #8 - 01/24/05 at 07:15:50

Hey all, I'm sorry to hear all this snow is preventing you from riding your Savages. Boy that must be some storm!  We only got about six  inches on Saturday. Here is a pic of me on Sunday going to get the groceries. Grin

Bentwheel FSO
2006 Suzuki 650 V-Strom
1977 Yamaha XS360
1972 Honda CL175
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #9 - 01/24/05 at 08:25:19

ShockedNo way!! You're not gonna actually Ride your Savage in the snow are you!! How do you keep from sliding on your chin?!

Here's a pic I took week-before-last while taking a lunchtime walk from work ... before the Winter storms hit ...

WWW   IP Logged
bentwheel
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ride free, citizen

Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Reply #10 - 01/26/05 at 09:40:07

Riding in the snow is really a hoot, and it's not as difficult as you might think. It really helps that the Savage has a low seat and centre of gravity. You use your leg as a third wheel and steer with the throttle.

Bentwheel FSO
2006 Suzuki 650 V-Strom
1977 Yamaha XS360
1972 Honda CL175
  IP Logged
bentwheel
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ride free, citizen

Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Reply #11 - 01/26/05 at 09:45:46

I forgot to mention when steering with the throttle remember to turn the handlebars to the right when turning left, and turn them to the left when you gotta go right.

Bentwheel FSO
2006 Suzuki 650 V-Strom
1977 Yamaha XS360
1972 Honda CL175
  IP Logged
Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Reply #12 - 01/31/05 at 10:14:49

Don;t forget your Jay Springsteen jacket & your steel shoe! Grin

SilverBlue '01,K&N,Snorklectomy,125mm NOS carb, 1/2 spacer & 155, 'Trapp, NC flyscreen, Suzy GelSeat, Osram H4
later..putt. Putt, PUtt, PUTT! 8)
HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 20:23:26

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › SNOW!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.