Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
T5 Vespa Scooter project report. (Read 4 times)
cphilip
Ex Member

T5 Vespa Scooter project report.
01/15/05 at 15:36:40

I think I posted this T5 Vespa Scooter I was rebuilding in some earlier posts...  It was Blue in those... now been taken totaly apart and stripped to bare metal and repainting to Black now. R&M Diamonte Base coat/Clear Coat. Has a tiny Sliver flake in it.

But I am getting further along with the paint job and all. Starting to reassemble but still got a few peices to repaint as they not perfect. But here gives you an idea of the look I am going for on this Bike.

Black and Chrome...

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Re: T5 Vespa Scooter project report.
Reply #1 - 01/15/05 at 15:50:39

This is that fast Vespa you showed us before?  That's gonna look good.  The chrome will really stand out nice.

Looks like you took the comforter off one of the kid's beds too.  A man's got to have priorities  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
cphilip
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/15/05 at 16:21:29

Yep. the very same one...

Well.... fast is all relative I suppose. "Stock" fast for a 125cc it certainly is. It's topping out at 65mph right now. However I know of several "up-kitted" such bikes that do 85 . Normaly kitted up to 177cc those are. But I think 65 is enough for me on 10" wheels.

hehe... well the kid gave that blanket up years ago. I keep it around in the back of the truck for such things as this and for hauling stuff. Pretty snazzy eh?

IP Logged
cphilip
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/15/05 at 16:31:43

Reposting "before" picture

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #4 - 01/16/05 at 05:56:16

cphilip wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:01:
Yep. the very same one...

Well.... fast is all relative I suppose. "Stock" fast for a 125cc it certainly is. It's topping out at 65mph right now. However I know of several "up-kitted" such bikes that do 85 . Normaly kitted up to 177cc those are. But I think 65 is enough for me on 10" wheels.

hehe... well the kid gave that blanket up years ago. I keep it around in the back of the truck for such things as this and for hauling stuff. Pretty snazzy eh?  

Just think of how many rpms those 10" wheels turn at 65.  That's a lot of turning for a little wheel.

I've never ridden a scooter that fast anyway.

IP Logged
cphilip
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 01/17/05 at 16:14:16

Parts, even the plastic ones I got all finished today.... and got this far reinstalling things today.... motor in and rear wheel on it...

(the red parts are for another scooter I am repairing from a wreck it had)

IP Logged
Nightrain
Ex Member

Sweet T-5
Reply #6 - 01/18/05 at 09:11:23

Hey CPhilip, That is one sweet sled. With the T5 most people either love it or hate it. I just happen to really like those bodystyles. What Kit, Pipe, Carb are you running on that bee-yaaach?

IP Logged
cphilip
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 01/19/05 at 15:58:20

yea... they are just ugly... or so ugly they cute or something. Love or hate. No in between. But these things are just dam fast stock. Right now its stock. Everything. I am right now concentrating on suspension. Its just flat outrunning P200's right now. Not right off the line but shortly after its wound up its smoking by em.

I personaly wanted one because they are so hard to find and were the only "sports bike factory tuned" bike Vespa ever made. And even if not collectable the engine alone is very sought after. I would love to have a couple of these motors. Imagine one in a  70 Sprint or Super or something. Sleeper racer!

I put Greg Clauss's Upper shock mount and complete motor mount set in it and a Sebac rear shock (adjustable) and am currently awaiting a Bitubo adjustable one for the front. I not certain I am going to kit it or not. Probably when I get bored with it stock I guess. You know how that is!  Grin

I got the headset finished today. I had to use Bulldog adheasion promoter first and then was able to get the Base Clear on nicely. Luckily I had a new shield to put on too. These crappy phone cam picts do not do it justice.

I got some other stuff on today as well... Tail Lamp, spare and bumper... also working on Side cowls now. Forgot to snap one of the one cowl I finished today.

IP Logged
cphilip
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 01/20/05 at 11:15:15

No flash

Flash

IP Logged
Frost
2004 No Login

Watch out now....

Boston
Reply #9 - 01/20/05 at 16:22:04

Lookin' Good!!  Smiley
I like to see the stages of your progress..Great Job

'87 Savage Custom
WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #10 - 01/21/05 at 13:40:31

I like bikes with center stands too.

I miss that feature.

IP Logged
cphilip
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 01/24/05 at 09:52:24

Not too much progress but a tad. The Front legshield trim, front turn indicators and glove box are on. Waiting on that front shock and front brake cable. Should go quick whenever that gets here

Also went up to Durham NC this Saturday to a Scooter rally and picked up another project bike while I was there. This is a 1971 150 Super. Its going to be the next project but since I am waiting on T5 parts I think its going to get torn down this weekend. This is a classic lines old bike. Very solid body. USA spec, auto oiler battery model with 8 inch wheels. Its going to be a Metalic slate blue with Light grey rubber.

IP Logged
cphilip
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 01/31/05 at 19:25:06

Not too much progress even still... but.... parts are on the way. Very hard to get stuff. The front Bitubo shock finaly made if over from Germany and ships out of Richmond Virginia tomorrow. The rest of the hard to get badges and front brake cable I located in San Diego and according to tracking will arrive here tomorrow.  In the mean time I ran into a great treasure of stuff from Austin Tx. A guy there named Jason Kidd had them and put them up on eBay. Jason is an old time Lambretta builder from back in the 80's. He built one with a Yamaha 350 engine in it. Fast scooter! He now builds and restores Harleys.

Well anyway he throws up all kinds of good stuff in a lot that I won. A speedo unit in there that has a black rear face and the right Tach in it. So if it works its a goldmine. If not there is still a bunch of stuff in there that I need and can use. A non hole headset, the drink tray (mine is cracked and can be fixed but this ones new). And a bunch of other bits that will be nice to have. This is the haul.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4522381506&rd=1...

Here is the Clauss Studios remake of the spoiler. Went on very nice. Hard to tell yet what its going to finaly look like but... should be this weekend or so and some very dramatic changes in the front end work. Rolling chasis if not road worthy.

More to come soon. Its really about to come together for the final stage!

Update! Parts are here... well a nice little box with badges and brake cable and a few bits very much needed did. Shock comes tomorrow! There WILL BE major progress this weekend! I am stoked!!!!

IP Logged
cphilip
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 02/03/05 at 06:01:48

Looks like everything is in.... So final build is now going on. But before I tantalize you with some final stage pictures... I will tantalize you with a few scooters that others have done. So you can see what creative people are doing to scooters. Fun Fact... top speed on a Scooter recorded at 130 mph...

Here is a nicely done T5:

IP Logged
bentwheel
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ride free, citizen

Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Reply #14 - 02/03/05 at 08:14:39

Boy that T5 in the above photo is really trick. I like the agressive look of the fenderless front end. I also love the turn down bars; bumstop solo seat,and the racy exhaust can. Nice paint but my favourite for scooters  is yellow and blue.

Bentwheel FSO
2006 Suzuki 650 V-Strom
1977 Yamaha XS360
1972 Honda CL175
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 19:41:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › T5 Vespa Scooter project report.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.