Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
International Motorcycle Show (Read 0 times)
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Re: International Motorcycle Show
Reply #15 - 01/22/05 at 09:52:44

Looks like there's gonna be a good bit of snow on this bike show....anybody going?

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #16 - 01/22/05 at 10:05:53

I went yesterday to avoid the crowds and the snow! The show was good. Lots of bikes to try. I sat on bikes at each manufacturer's booth just to confirm that I love my Savage the most!  Grin Grin

We took a few pictures but I haven't gotten them off the camera yet. Will get to it in the next few days.

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Chench53
2004 No Login

"Special
Ed" rocks!

Suffolk VA, formerly NYC NY
Reply #17 - 01/23/05 at 08:18:04

Yeah, lots of snow! I went on Saturday. It looked like it was much less crowded than last year, plus a few empty vendor spots. Also, it was upstairs instead of downstairs, and I think it was a bigger space so there was more room to walk around, more room for tables/eating in the back.

All in all, a smaller turnout due to the snow, but still the bikes were pretty! I sat on the new Suzukis, some Harleys, Hondas, Yamahas, drooled over the MotoGuzzi's and bought a new balaclava.

The e-tickets this year made it possible to buy and print out your own ticket, so no waiting for it in the mail. Made it very speedy to get in, even if there had been lines it would have been a quick entry.

It was fun. Cheesy

Gerry

IP Logged
Red_Wine

Chain-drive, 400cc
Black Savage in
Chile

Santiago, Chile
Reply #18 - 01/24/05 at 06:18:24

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:01:
The sad part is that in 2 unrelated incidents both of their bikes were wrecked (not by them), and to my greater "horror" they both bought Harleys as replacements.  Darn it, I created 2 more HOGS. Roll Eyes

Greg, I think that fact makes you a serious candidate for the "Glitch of the year" awards!!!
Grin

Ride Safe,

RW

PD: Congratulations on your new job!!!

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #19 - 01/28/05 at 08:04:15

Red_Wine wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:01:
Greg, I think that fact makes you a serious candidate for the "Glitch of the year" awards!!!
Grin

Ride Safe,

RW

PD: Congratulations on your new job!!!

Trust me.  I registered my disappointment in their choices, but hell, since I created the "monster" and since it isn't correct to have any reverse bias towards non-metric riders I was forced to concede.  Oh well.  At least they ride  8)

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #20 - 01/28/05 at 08:09:44

Chench53 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:01:
All in all, a smaller turnout due to the snow, but still the bikes were pretty! I sat on the new Suzukis, some Harleys, Hondas, Yamahas, drooled over the MotoGuzzi's and bought a new balaclava.

It was fun. Cheesy

Gerry

You drooled on the Guzzi's too?  So did I while there.  Sat on it and wondered.  If and when I ever get another bike, the Guzzi would be the first choice.  I can't really think of another bike that is nearly as unique as the Guzzi...just like the Savage.  A thumpin' V-twin instead.  There's just something about that automotive style engine that does it for me
Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #21 - 01/28/05 at 08:11:14

Wait!!!  Did anyone see and sit on the new 2300 Triumph Trident?  That monster would be a rush too.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #22 - 01/28/05 at 10:31:32

The Rocket III?  That is a beast for sure.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #23 - 01/28/05 at 13:50:54

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:01:
Wait!!!  Did anyone see and sit on the new 2300 Triumph Trident?  That monster would be a rush too.

Yeah. My husband wants one desperately. He is already a Triumph guy and is in love with the Rocket. Maybe if I win the lottery. Of course, I would have to play first...

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Reply #24 - 01/30/05 at 15:38:43

[glow=red,2,300]Grin Ooooooooh... [/glow]

The circus is coming to Cowtown:

http://easyriderevents.com/bikeshow2005/columbus/BS2005_columbus.html

Grin  Grin  Grin

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Reply #25 - 01/31/05 at 07:12:26

I wish the IMS would come to Memphis/Tunica area. Dallas or ATL are about as close as it comes and I could not make it.
The Art of the Motorcycle, which debuted at the Guggenheim museum is coming and will be around April 22-Oct. 30,2005 tho. They plan a big opening ride & stuff.
That is cool and all but will lack all the latest parts, swag and goodies, not to mention the latest and greatest bikes.
http://www.wonders.org/current/index.php
GTZ,I see  the IMS was in Cleveland -  http://show.motorcycleshows.com/IMSBrandManager/V41/index.cvn.

SilverBlue '01,K&N,Snorklectomy,125mm NOS carb, 1/2 spacer & 155, 'Trapp, NC flyscreen, Suzy GelSeat, Osram H4
later..putt. Putt, PUtt, PUTT! 8)
HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
bassman29
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 02/07/05 at 19:49:43

My son Nate and I drove 400 miles to go to the Minneapolis show.  After we had been there for an hour or so, we agreed that that the trip was more than worth it.  We had a GREAT time, and I sat on so many bikes I started to get a cramp in my left leg!  Here's the obligatory Savage/S40 content:

I think there is another Thumper in my future, a Bavarian-made 650.

IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #27 - 02/09/05 at 20:28:21

I went to the "Art of the MC" in Vegas, was very nice but only took me about 3 hrs and I was ready to move on, I had budgeted a whole day and don't gamble and the shows were not interesting to us that trip so was very bored and came home early. Also went to AMA Pickering musuem and only spent about 2 hrs there, would have been bad but my wife only spent 1.5 hrs at the gourd show we flew all the way from WA state to OH to see as primary reason for the trip. Luckily they had a mall so the trip wasn't a total loss. Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 15:39:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › International Motorcycle Show

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.