Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Second ride of 2005... (Read 0 times)
Patty
Ex Member

Second ride of 2005...
01/03/05 at 04:37:48

January 2, 2005...Sunny skies over NE Ohio..at least for a while anyway. Temps in low 60's and hubby is in the garage warming up his Volusia and my Savage. I was dressed and sitting on my bike before he was dressed and on his!  Grin I felt kind of frisky so I raced him to the stop sign at the end of our road...lol! I beat him!!! He loves his Vol but he really likes the "custom" look of my Savage. His is more "classic"...ya know...like a Fat Boy. People really "ooh and ahh" whenever we stop side by side and I take my helmet off and they discover I'm female...I love it! Probably the last ride for a while...mom nature is bringing winter back later this week... Sad... Angry....

IP Logged
Red Wine

Re: Second ride of 2005...
Reply #1 - 01/03/05 at 05:01:36

Hi Patty,
Happy New Year up there!!!!
Just a quick comment to get your green of envy:
It's been 30+°C all over since early Dec. here in Chile, so guess what? we've been riding!!! my 7-year old son and I get on the bike every afternoon, after work, and ride for 1/2 hour around our neighborhood or to the ice-cream shop. Wife does not like riding, so she stays home and we bring her ice cream in a pot. cool!!!!
Any plans for winter break? Come over here, there are a few rides for rent and, best of all, it's HOOOOOTTTTT!
Ride Safe,
Red Wine

IP Logged
HotFix
2004 No Login

2001 Savage

Metro Atlanta
Reply #2 - 01/03/05 at 05:43:22

I rode for about 300 miles this weekend. I did a lap around I-285 and went over to Stone Mountain Harley Davidson for a Tshirt.  Yesterday I rode through Red Top Mountain and around lake Alatuna(sp?) with a friend.

I got bundled up and rode into work this morning.  It will be upper 60s for the rest of the week!

2008 Honda ST1300
2005 Honda VTX 1300 C (sold)
2001 Suzuki Savage (sold)
  IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Reply #3 - 01/03/05 at 09:27:48

Dang,  it snowed here a few days right before Christmas and froze us in for a week.

Then we had a few days of mild, muddy weather, now it's raining.  My backyard is a lake and my basement is a land of tiny rivers.  

My hot water heater broke Jan 1 exactly one year to the day I installed it, and I can't get ahold of their warranty dept.  I had a Ruud water heater that lasted 18 years.  This Whirlpool lasted 1 year to the day.

To top it off I have to take my 16 year old dog into the vet tonight for her final visit.

She's refusing to drink or eat and can't walk.  She's been declining for a few months, and I'm finally having to deal with her not getting any better and if so not for long and not for much.  

I found her as a lost puppy in December 1988.  A little black and white pup white black freckles on her nose, so I called her Pepper.  I did not know what she was, she grew up into a short haired border collie.  If she's not, she sure looks and acted like one.  Right now she pretty much acts like a fur rug.

It's a bummer, but part of life and part of having a pet.  I had to put down a favored cat about 3 weeks ago.  He had a tumor.  He was a good ol' boy, too.  

-----------------------------------

I want spring to get here.

And not a rainy cold spring, either.

I want warm breezes, flowers,  bugs and birds, grass growing and motorcyles running up and down the street.  I want Poker Runs for charity, bike nights at Quaker Steak & Lube, and Hot Rod shows.  I want sunburned arms, the sound of lawn mowers, the smell of fresh cut grass, and trips to the local nurserys and flats of annuals for $4.00.  

I want girls in shorts.  

It's still almost 3 months away, at best.

Angry

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
Red_Wine

Chain-drive, 400cc
Black Savage in
Chile

Santiago, Chile
Reply #4 - 01/04/05 at 05:06:27

Gitarzan wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:01:
Dang,  it snowed here a few days right before Christmas and froze us in for a week.

I want spring to get here.

And not a rainy cold spring, either.

Gitarzan,
I'va said it in many different ways, but you're just in the WRONG side of the world!!!
Here in Santiago, Chile, summer is frying us with 35°C for 5 consecutive days,  Shocked and it does not seem to cool for another 8-9 weeks.  Grin Our winter is rainy only for 6 weeks but it never rains for more than 3 days in a row  Cheesy (otherwise we drown  Wink )
Winternizing my bike is somethin I have never done in over 13 years of riding. Only in mid-July (our coldest period) I park the bike for some anual maintenance, (brakes, tires, etc.) but I ride 350 days a year!!!  Grin  
Plus, we have great wine, superb seafood and salmon, great landscapes, decent roads to the mountains and to the beach, and friendly people.... (No, I do not work for the Government's tourism promotion agency)
Come over, and I'll show you around...
Ride Safe,

RW

IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Reply #5 - 01/04/05 at 16:31:29

Quote:
Come over, and I'll show you around...

Man, I wish I could.  Every winter I am amazed that someone EVER thought it was a good idea to settle in place that's cold.  Probably someone from a place that was colder, eh?

About 2 weeks ago I was looking at amap of Chile and was thinking that end to end ride might really be a good one.

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #6 - 01/04/05 at 20:30:17

Here in LaLaLand we had a year's worth of rain in a week.  I finally got my first ride of the year with a short run to the Home Depot.

WWW   IP Logged
Red_Wine

Chain-drive, 400cc
Black Savage in
Chile

Santiago, Chile
Reply #7 - 01/05/05 at 04:36:50

Gitarzan wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:01:
About 2 weeks ago I was looking at amap of Chile and was thinking that end to end ride might really be a good one.

Hi Gitarzan,
yes, you're right, the N-S ride from Arica (I Region) to Coyhaique (XI Region) might likely involve around 4,000 kms, on Chilean soil and roads.  8) The extension to Punta Arenas, another 600 kms, approx, would have to be done over Argentinean soil.  Tongue That's probably a 3-4 week ride, considering all the stops for wine, seafood, vistas,swiming, dancing, drinking, and so on  Wink
So, start planning!!!
Ride Safe, (the show-around offer still stands  8) )

Red Wine

IP Logged
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Reply #8 - 01/05/05 at 06:11:16

Hey Red_Wine

Chain drive, cool. Could You tell Me the number of teeth on Your sprockets as there some who would like to know for a chain drive conversion.
Thanks.

Clive W  Cheesy

IP Logged
Red_Wine

Chain-drive, 400cc
Black Savage in
Chile

Santiago, Chile
Reply #9 - 01/05/05 at 13:33:56

Hi klx650...
I am not sure, but the rear sprocket may have 52 or 56 teeth, and I'll check the front one tonite, and let you know tomorrow, my gues is around 15-20 front.
tell you later.
Ride Safe,
RW

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #10 - 01/05/05 at 13:39:06

Red_Wine wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:01:
...Here in Santiago, Chile, summer is frying us with 35°C for 5 consecutive days,  Shocked and it does not seem to cool for another 8-9 weeks.  Grin Our winter is rainy only for 6 weeks but it never rains for more than 3 days in a row  Cheesy (otherwise we drown  Wink )
Winternizing my bike is somethin I have never done in over 13 years of riding. Only in mid-July (our coldest period) I park the bike for some anual maintenance, (brakes, tires, etc.) but I ride 350 days a year!!! ....

35°C=95°F . . . I bit warmer than what I am used to but similar to our inland empire which is a comparable distance from the sea.  I am presently in our rainy season and was washed out for two full days.  (actually I could have ridden, but I was at work.)  I'm freezing with nighttime lows pushing 45-55°F  (7-13°C) and daytime highs only up to 65°F (18°C).  

I'm sure you've noticed the posters' pictures -- I would dearly love pictures of your 400 chain drive Savage to add to the pages.

WWW   IP Logged
Red Wine

Reply #11 - 01/06/05 at 10:53:03

Paladin. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:01:
I would dearly love pictures of your 400 chain drive Savage to add to the pages.

Hi Paladin,
I'm working on that, my Sporster muffler should be here in about 2 weeks, once installed, you'll get pictures so you can add them, it's a rider's promise... for whatever that is worth  Wink
Ride Safe

RW

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 01:22:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Second ride of 2005...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.