Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
new with a question (Read 4 times)
copterpilot
Ex Member

new with a question
11/23/04 at 23:12:48

first off i would like to say hi. i am the owner of a yellow 96 savage i bought from a friend for 1500 dollars with 12k on the odometer. so far i love it. i have ridden many street bikes and can say that i dont trust myself to have one. i love the savage so far. i do have one question. it sounds like a have a low growling sound when i am in a low gear. i assumed it was the gear but someone said i have a major problem because someone they knew had an 86 that didnt do that. the person i bought it from is a very good friend who kept it in the garage and who used it but not abused and said it had been like that since he bought it from the showroom. he kept great care of it always starting it every week or so in the garage and when i bought it he had just changed the plug and oil and had given it a going over. i live in florida for the time being and thats where the bike has spent its whole life. in palm beach. i am taking it from the east coast, palm beach to familys house in marco island for thanksgiving. i opted for the motorcyle rather than the helicopter for once. ill post some pics asap Grin

IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Re: new with a question
Reply #1 - 11/24/04 at 15:09:45

Well love my Yellow 96, but it doesn't have a growling sound in the lower gears. I'd check belt tension first as the belt being tight could make a different sound. Special tool is in the tool punch behind the chrome locking cover on the RH side (sitting on the bike).  If no tool you shouuld be able to twist the belt 90 degrees mid run will little effort.  Other than that check the  location of other members and see if theirs make the same noise as it is just normal. Welcome to the club, Max Roll Eyes

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 14:00:32

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › new with a question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.