Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
battery (Read 6 times)
donq
Ex Member

battery
11/20/04 at 11:19:32

I have a 2001 savage my dealer has not sent my manual yet can anyone tell me how to get to the battery so I can put my chrger on?

thanks  donq

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Re: battery
Reply #1 - 11/20/04 at 12:21:42

The left side looks like it is suppose to have a cover which I am missing.  With the left cover removed you can clip the negative side of your charger to the exposed battery terminal.

I unlock and remove the right side chrome tool bag cover.  It attached to a bracket that is held on with one screw on top and two on the bottom.  The small bottom bracket is what the cover locks to and can go on upside down and have you scratching your head as to why you cannot lock the cover on.

The battery will now slide slightly to the right to allow you to attach the positive side -- taking care to not touch anything other than the battery terminal (unless you like to see sparks.)

If you have small clips on your battery charger you might be able to clip to the positive terminal without having to remove the bracket.

I am planning on installing a 12v outlet (cigarette lighter) somewhere on the bike and connecting it permanently to the battery.  Then I will be able to simply plug the charger into the 12v outlet.

You want to use a motorcycle battery charger, or at worst a automobile battery charger with a 2 amp position.  Shoving more than 2 amps into the battery is not healthy for the battery.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 06:12:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › battery

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.