Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
WANT TO PURCHASE 2002 MODEL SAVAGE (Read 4 times)
Mohammad  Dawood

WANT TO PURCHASE 2002 MODEL SAVAGE
11/07/04 at 14:19:38

Dear All:
I am about to finalize purchase of Savage 650 but what I heard that single cylinder bike are not durable e.g., BMW similar bike is a failure.. Please let me hear from you if possible sooner the better.  Kind regards to all

IP Logged
Sgt_Mike
Ex Member

Re: WANT TO PURCHASE 2002 MODEL SAVAGE
Reply #1 - 11/07/04 at 16:02:44

Mohammad;
I have a 2005 S40 on order, and I'm getting it because it is reliable. I did alot research and asked many questions to the members of this forum and other forums, I haven't heard any bad comments about this bike, surely never "that they dont last". With proper maintenance this bike will last as long as any. Big piston, big connecting rod, big crankshaft, big bearings. Why wouldn't it last? Anything that is abused is prone to failure. Make sure that the bike you want was properly maintained, maintenance records would be a plus. How many miles? Are the tires original? If they are how much wear do they have, pay close attention to the rear tire. If the bike has low mileage and the tires have been replaced  or have alot of wear it may have been abused. In the end your savy and common sense must prevail. Good luck.

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #2 - 11/07/04 at 17:39:26

Mohammad  Dawood wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:
Dear All:
I am about to finalize purchase of Savage 650 but what I heard that single cylinder bike are not durable e.g., BMW similar bike is a failure....

That would be like the BMW R26?  Such as THIS ONE on eBay?  I don't know where you heard that Thumpers were not durable.  Logically the simplier a design is the more durable it is -- less things to break.

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #3 - 11/08/04 at 03:17:09

Mohammad  Dawood wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:
Dear All:
I am about to finalize purchase of Savage 650 but what I heard that single cylinder bike are not durable e.g., BMW similar bike is a failure.. Please let me hear from you if possible sooner the better.  Kind regards to all

I don't think that I've ever heard of any BMW that wasn't durable.  The BMW 650 seems like a pretty good bike.  What kinds of riders have you been talking to?

IP Logged
Sgt_Mike
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 11/08/04 at 04:54:05

Mohammad;

I didn't mean to be facetious when I said that "your savy & common sense must prevail". Since none of us can be with you to inspect the bike, you'll have to gather all the info possible and use it to make a decision. Will it require a state safety inspection? If so get an opinion from the tech who'll do the inspection. Maybe the owner will agree to have it inspected before the sale is final. Food for thought.

IP Logged
Chench53
2004 No Login

"Special
Ed" rocks!

Suffolk VA, formerly NYC NY
Reply #5 - 11/28/04 at 17:19:04

I've had my 2002 Savage since 8/02 and have had no problems at all. I've got a little over 20,000 miles and I am very happy with it.

Good luck with your decision.

Gerry

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 11:09:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › WANT TO PURCHASE 2002 MODEL SAVAGE

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.