Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Excessory ideas (Read 8 times)
Tony
2004 No Login

Saugerties, NY
Excessory ideas
10/30/04 at 09:53:35

I have been trying to located a dealer for a replacement Bezel for my speedo. I was hoping there was someone outhere who makes a chrome retrofit to replace the black plastic.

I dont remember where I saw it, but I did see a pic of a savage with a recessed speedo. I might consider something like that also, but i cant seem to find anyone who makes this type of accessory either.

Can anyone offer some ideas

-Tony

......Remember;
Where ever you go,
there you are.
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Re: Excessory ideas
Reply #1 - 10/31/04 at 03:37:30

Tony wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
I have been trying to located a dealer for a replacement Bezel for my speedo. I was hoping there was someone outhere who makes a chrome retrofit to replace the black plastic.

I dont remember where I saw it, but I did see a pic of a savage with a recessed speedo. I might consider something like that also, but i cant seem to find anyone who makes this type of accessory either.

Can anyone offer some ideas

Recessed speedo?  That's a switch, considering that most find it hard enough to see.

Maybe the bezel broke from vibration and the speedo just fell in  Grin

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Re: Accessory ideas
Reply #2 - 10/31/04 at 12:45:31

If you look online at ronayers you should be able to identify the part number for the original and then order it online or from a dealer.  Regarding a chrome replacement, I don't know have any ideas on that one.

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Tony
2004 No Login

Saugerties, NY
Re: Excessory ideas
Reply #3 - 10/31/04 at 17:06:45

The recessed speedo was different but i liked it. It was a true flush mount. There was a small section above the guage for the turn indicators as well. The tank had been completly redone. I am going to search around and see if i can find the pick.

Does anyone know of a way to have chrome plating done to plastic? I know they do it for scale models, though it would probably look prety bad with the texture.

-Tony

......Remember;
Where ever you go,
there you are.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 00:13:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Excessory ideas